- General Ledger
- Foreign Currency
- Journal Entries
- Analysis & Reporting
- Staff Supervision
- Audit Preparation
- Advanced Excel
Experienced accounting professional with more than 15 years background in general accounting. Proven track record of providing solutions to increase accuracy, efficiency and productivity. Effective leader with a focus on mentoring and supervising direct reports and heading cross-functional teams. Skilled in providing guidance with accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue, billing, inventory, and collections matters.
Jan 2009 - Dec 2009
Worldwide leader in manufacturing of power supplies for plasma, induction and C02 laser applications. Resigned to relocate with my spouse to Central NY.
Responsible for all aspects of accounting from source documentation through year end closing and reporting. Worked closely with other domestic and international subsidiaries of Trumpf, Inc. Prepared internal ad hoc reports for division and company management. Significant Excel use.
- Redesigned accounting systems and reporting to eliminate variances and inconsistencies
- Reduced month-end closing time from 3 weeks to 4 days
- Transferred paper records to online which provided 24/7 access and simultaneously addressed storage space and ease of access for multiple office locations
- Inventoried assets to facilitate the sale to a subsidiary and move to another location
- Rewrote outdated procedures to reflect current way of processing transactions which eliminated confusion
- Managed program to systematically eliminate outdated inventory which saved physical space and prevented inventory from being overstated
Aug 2007 - Mar 2008
F&S Oil Company
Regional distributor of home heating oil and commercial diesel fuel. Company went out of business in 2008.Directed financial management functions including development of monthly and quarterly financial statements. Oversaw all general accounting functions. Prepared monthly account reconciliations. Prepared and filed all fuel distributor tax and regulatory reports. Prepared financial documents for business insurance. Responsible for financial management of all leases and loans. Supervised a staff of four.
- Redesigned accounting systems to eliminate variances and inconsistencies in processing
- Analyzed and corrected balance sheet account balances
- Researched and helped collect past due balances for prepaid customers which where in arrears of up to one year
Nov 2001 - Aug 2007
Global leader in the manufacture and commercialization of stationary electric power generation with annual sales of $88 millionResponsible for preparing and reviewing journal entries and month end closing. Balanced general ledger accounts and prepared workpapers. Directed daily activities and supervised a staff of four. Hired and mentored accounting staff. Fielded questions and problems from other departments. Gathered necessary documents for quarterly, yearly and Sarbanes-Oxley audits. Calculated revenue and profitability on government and commercial contracts. Was promoted from Senior Accountant to Accounting Supervisor to Accounting Manager.
- Compiled information for a research and development tax credit which resulted in a cash credit of $1.4M
- Led cross-functional team that automated timekeeping which saved the company $44K
- Revamped entire closing process from journal entries through reporting shaving 3 days from the closing schedule
- Developed, documented and administered foreign currency in accounting system which eliminated mathematical errors
- Significantly involved in the development and implementation of new reports and revamping of existing reports
Oct 1998 - Nov 2001
International interactive marketing company with annual sales of $61 millionManaged project revenue analysis. Created and analyzed financial account review reports including invoicing analysis, estimate vs. actual, profitability and development. Interacted with company management and account service teams on a daily basis. Was integral part of a team responsible for converting to a new accounting system. Assisted Director of Accounting with special revenue and job analysis/profitability projects.
- Created online reports for account service teams from paper copies providing more timely and usable information
- Reconciled media billing costs which enable the company to see profitability and compare costs to project budgets