To obtain a position that utilizes my experience and knowledge in leadership, marketing and public relations to effectively represent your company.
Achievements: Member of Peace Maker award winning college newspaper; Editor in Chief of a Gallup Award winning high school newspaper; Awarded Best Opinion Columnist from The Orion student newspaper; Chosen to represent The Orion in the Hearst Writing Competition, Dean’s list, Best Opinion Columnist Fall 09
Logistics Committee, Relay for life, Chico California, January – May 2010
Peer Attorney, Shasta County Youth Peer Court, Redding CA, May 2006 – June 2007
I truthfully believe that the field of public relations allows me to combine my love of journalism with my aptitude for customer and interpersonal relations. I view a completed deadline as a celebration and continually look forward to turning out an exceptional product.
Skills and Qualifications
Journalism and Marketing:
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining the social media practices for Chico Performances
- Published press release and featured works, both partial and full, by local media
- Marketing responsibility for over 40 accounts for Chico Performances including Merle Haggard and Steve Martin.
- Graphic and editorial design of E-Marketing campaigns using Constant Contact
- Responsibility training through judicial practice in the Shasta County Youth Peer Court system by holding position as a volunteer Peer Attorney
- Maintaining a professional representation of myself and organization through restaurant and marketing experience
- Self management capabilities gained through years of journalism and customer service training
- Communication experience from work with local and national entertainment and media outlets