Hi, I'm April! I recently graduated from the University of Oregon with a bachelor's degree in both public relations and Spanish - with a minor in Business Administration. I am pursuing a career in public relations, and I am especially interested in event planning and social media. I am bilingual, hardworking, and passionate. I am a driven go-getter simply looking to find my place in the PR world.
Jan 2011 - Mar 2011
Member & Media Relations Coordinator (One Month Contract)
·Coordinated Member and New Member event, including: researched & booked venue, travel, transportation, guest-speaker, guest list, and marketing.
·Handled all aspects of Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, REOPro, LinkedIn.
·Member liaison; included cold-calling for new potential membership.
·Wrote releases & articles for various magazine, print, & online publications.
Sep 2006 - Dec 2010
Student Research Assistant
- Researched information for patrons.
- Handled hundreds of phone calls, voicemail, and questions regarding research, spelling, grammar and complaints on a daily basis.
- Shelved books according to the LIbrary of Congress Classification System.
- Solved technical issues involving PC and MAC computers, and printers.
May 2010 - Dec 2010
Community Relations Assistant (Intern)
- Created public service announcements for all local media outlets.
- Wrote sponsor-related correspondences, press releases, and letters to residents.
- Assistant Coordinator of Relay for Life 2010 of Eugene|Springfield.
- Designed official bookmarks of RFL 2010, more than 2000 distributed.
- Coordinated Relay Runway 2011 Fashion Show event.
- Managed four children and six young adults for Relay Runway 2011.
Sep 2010 - Dec 2010
Social Media Coordinator and Public Relations Team Member
Oregon Track Club
- Implemented strategic public relations plans.
- Operated Facebook, Twitter and WordPress blog accounts.
- Conducted focus groups and interviews to gather primary research.
May 2008 - Aug 2008
Public Relations Coordinator (Intern)
- Handled journalistic and public relations affairs - drafted public relations plans.
- Assisted in conducting interviews with Olympians during Olympic trials.
- Organized web pages - seed news, upload photos and videos, story writing.
- Olympic Trials - assisted with booth, flyers, set-up, and additional needs.
- Drafted scripts for RunnerSpace Live mini-series.
Sep 2004 - Aug 2007
- Handled the cash register.
- Assisted customers, in person and by phone, with their orders and handled complaints.
- Organized clothing orders and tickets alphabetically, and bagged clothes.
- Handled bookwork – ticketing and banking purposes.
Sep 2006 - Dec 2010
I recently graduated from the University of Oregon with a bachelor’s degree in both public relations and Spanish and a minor in Business Administration.