Instructional Technology Technician
Mid South Community College
- Assist with the planning and delivery of technical workshops, seminars, and hands-on practice in support of on-campus faculty development for promoting effective use of instructional technology.
- Assist with the maintenance of the MSCC Shared Learning Objects website.
- Log attendance and participation in Cruiser and other technology training events.
- Work in tandem with the webmaster to assure integration of Cruiser and the new website.
- Assist other Marketing personnel with the design and efficiency of the Cruiser dashboard, Campus Announcements, and calendars.
- Collaborate with Data Management staff to provide technical support for Cruiser functions.
- Collaborate with the VP for Learning and Instruction to provide training to faculty and staff to maximize usage of Cruiser features such as Course Cruiser, calendars, student emails, surveys, clubs, announcements, and posting of grades.
- Provide Course Cruiser training for full-time and adjunct faculty.
- Assist faculty with course maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Assist with the promotion and support of the integration of technology into the curriculum for enhanced student learning.
- Proctor MCAS and CIW exams for students each semester. This task also includes ordering and organizing exam vouchers, as well as making sure all included documentation is completed.
- National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development Outstanding Staff Member (2008)
- Helped implement a new Learning Management System (LMS) in less than three months.
- Developed blackboard course sites for Computer Fundamentals, Database Applications, and Document Processing. Sites include assignments calendar and rubrics for project grading.
- Help with the implementation of Snap into the Computer Fundamentals course.