Branch Chief, Business Intelligence
General Services Administration
Responsible for directly managing multiple information technology projects to provide business intelligence solutions in support of multiple Federal Acquisition Service (FAS) business lines and integration offices with an annual operating budget of $21M.
- Ensures the proper execution of systems/software and related life cycle processes by developing detailed project plans, tasks, schedules, and identifying milestone dates to ensure proper sequencing of events, work efforts, and resources to accomplish objectives.
- Collaboration with stakeholders includes bringing contractors, developers, government and business interests into the SDLC process, and encouraging communication in all project phases from planning through implementation, including risk management.
- Customer support activities include analyzing the technical and economic feasibility of various IT solutions while working closely with clients to define project scope, tasks to be performed, deliverables, and schedules.
- Serves as the Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative (COTR) on multiple projects, employing managerial techniques, quantitative analysis, and management information systems to monitor work in progress, and evaluate the status and progress of work accomplished in terms of quality, efficiency, and effectiveness in achieving objectives.
- Develops, motivates, and directs staff to create a team environment, and enable staff to fulfill the strategic business unit's customer operating objectives; planning and scheduling work projects, establishing and modifying employee position descriptions, making selections for employment and promotions, establishing employee performance standards, and evaluating employee performance.