Aug 2010 - Present
Account Executive - Fashion Department
- Media outreach, product placement and celebrity seeding.
- Daily contact with print, trade, online and broadcast media.
- Develop press materials such as press releases, tip sheets, pitch sheets, e-blasts, media alerts and Q&As.
- Plan and organize media tours as well as press events.
- Accompany talents on publicity events such as media appearances and interviews.
- Brainstorm and develop PR/Marketing proposals.
- Organize and maintain press calendar for all clients.
- Research and create media lists for clients through Cision.
- Generate story ideas and topic angles.
- Create monthly activity reports for clients as well as organize weekly conference calls.
- Track and maintain media placements.
- Manage account coordinators as well as interns to ensure project completion and to maintain deadlines.
Jan 2010 - Jun 2010
Freelance Entertainment & Lifestyle PR Account Executive
- Celebrity outreach/product seeding.
- Coordinated press events: Past projects include Elton John Oscar Party; Sue Wong Fall 2010 Collection Preview/Cocktail Party.
- Facilitated press interviews with clients.
- Researched and analyzed appropriate media for respective clients.
- Pitched and maintained relations with media as well as stylists.
- Monitored media outlets for coverage of client news and competitor developments.
- Tracked and maintained media placements.
- Drafted press releases and monthly status reports.
- Generated story ideas and topic angles.
- Counseled clients and provided feedback.
- Managed external vendor and sought sponsorships for press events.
- Developed proposals, releases, customer profiles, bylined articles and other press materials.
- Proof-read and edited client related documents as needed.
- Brainstormed/composed basic media plans and contributed to plan development processes.
Jan 2008 - Sep 2009
International Public Relations Coordinator
- Implemented integrated PR programs for key global lifestyle programs and oversaw global PR launch events.
- Placed and led all PR photo shoots.
- Coordinated with event agencies to plan and execute all press events, as well as consumer events.
- Acted as the PUMA representative at press events related to entertainment properties and product launches.
- Created media materials/press kits including press release, fact sheets, player biographies, pitch letters, team profiles, etc. for specific campaigns, products, sporting events, and other marketing announcements.
- Led all local PR Managers in the Lifestyle category through the International PR Team based in Boston and Germany and serviced them by proactively developing new partnerships and collaborations.
- Pitched both vertical and non-vertical media on brand stories to cross promote PUMA beyond lifestyle specific media.
- Managed the production logistics of creative mailers, press kit folders, PR photos, POPs, etc. with outside production vendors.
- Maintained timelines and deadlines of all deliverables to the local markets.
- Acted as the contact for lifestyle category specific media inquiries.
- Compiled and distributed monthly placement reports & monthly activity reports.
- Coordinated PR sample orders with all markets and entertainment agencies.
- Drafted talking points for interviews and press conferences.
Jul 2005 - Jun 2007
- Coordinated, planned, and executed promotional events to build and drive business, while maintaining brand and design integrity.
- Planned and organized product development meetings, design meetings, summit meetings, expositions, and seminars.
- Responsible for event planning for product and retail store launch parties.
- Facilitated the coordination for planning and setup of seasonal runway shows.
- Prepared, organized, and launched the KORS line, a high end contemporary line originated from Japan licensee, to Scoop.
- Managed and coordinated design approvals, account approvals, and store displays for boutiques and shop-in-shops abroad.
- Developed business strategies for expanding the business of each licensed product category across all retail channels.
- Tracked retail selling, including retail selling reports, as well as best selling/slow selling styles.
- Oversaw and monitored international and domestic business transactions related to licensed products.
- Facilitated the process of international buying, issued finished goods purchase orders, and coordinated the communication between all licensees and the U.S. corporate office.
- Created annual international market analysis and monthly sales analysis for Michael Kors, the CEO, and all divisional presidents.
Jan 2005 - Jun 2005
Marketing and Sales Assistant
- Assisted research manager and sales team in market research and analysis
- Worked with Nielsen, PRIMENeXT, and One Domaine to extract statistical data for analysis and forecasts
- Compared and contrast station ratings with ratings of competitors
- Updated LPM market comparisons, weekly tracker and Year-to-Year comparisons
- Created one sheets, new show releases, market tolerance reports, and competitive media reports
- Composed PowerPoint presentations for sales meetings
Jan 2004 - Jun 2004
Public Relations Intern
- Prepared press materials such as press books, information packets, and company bio.
- Drafted coverage reports.
- Handled all aspects of relationship management, including contact with the press.
- Prepared sample requests, chased returns, ordered couriers, and filed archives.
- Coordinated press days to raise awareness of new season line and products.
- Kept track of magazine deadline schedules, ordered magazines needed by the office, and sent coverage reports to other London and Paris offices.
Microsoft Access, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Microsoft Windows XP/VISTA/NT and MS-DOS