Rakesh Banerjee is an experienced Consultant with proven management consulting skills in the field of Change Management, Performance Improvement and IT Strategy. He is dedicated in utilizing his skills towards building successful business units and helping clients to solve their business problems through innovations, improving their performance by formulating and implementing right IT strategies. While his services has been industry agnostic, he has mostly served clients in BFS & Insurance industry verticals in his career of about 14 years. He has unique experience of both buy and sell side gained while serving clients in UK, Continental Europe, USA and Asia Pacific countries.
Rakesh has been providing advisory services to senior management of his clients in areas like Business Process Improvement, architecting business solutions, define governance structures, carrying out due diligence of IT functions in M&A situations, build strategies to support growth and bring operational efficiencies and managing complex business transformation programs. He has also been providing thought leadership in solving various industry problems.
Experience Highlights and Achievements
- Conceptualized, built, established and successfully leading the IT Strategy and Business Process consulting practice of Cognizant Technology Solutions in Europe from early 2007. The job includes leading development of various consulting frameworks and solutions in different areas e.g. BPM, CRM, Social media, Business Intelligence, Cloud Computing and Outsourcing; market them through the sales channels and provide advice to successfully deliver projects to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Successfully gaining inroads into Information and Media vertical by providing solutions to improve operational efficiency and cutting down costs. Looking forward to multi-fold growth within 1st year of operation through up sell and cross sell.
- Started the consulting relationship with a the Insurance division of a top UK Bank, helping in their business transformation program and grew to 10 member team within 6 months handling all the major transformation projects that grew the account by 100% within 1st year of operation
- In 2006 started Business Process Management (BPM) practice of Cognizant Technology Solutions for its Insurance domain with 3 members and grew 10 times within 1 year, serving 8 major Insurance clients in Europe and North America.
- Achieved a steady growth rate of 80% from 2004 to 2006 while building the Business Intelligence (BI) and Performance Management practice from scratch for Siemens Information Systems Ltd.
- Managing the knowledge acquired while working in a Data Warehousing consulting assignment for a leading German retailer in 2003, built a new BI Line of Business which became the main growth engine for Matrix Information Systems Ltd., delivering 60% growth on an average for next 5 years.
Education and Accreditions
Post Graduate in Business Administration (Finance) 1995 - 1997
Bachelor in Economics 1991 - 1994
APMG, UK certified Program (MSP) and Project (Prince 2) Management practitioner