tenacious a-chiev-er – one who will ensure success and stay the course
Senior-level professional with a proven record as an exceptional and inspirational leader. Successful in directing a company specialising in high profile multifaceted projects. Expertise in building business opportunities within highly competitive markets, driving major change programmes and managing complex multi-functional operations.
Creative with excellent communication skills and a natural ability to build high-performance teams, with a passion for delivering exceptional results and continuous improvement across all areas of the organisation.
Expertise and Recent Critical Contributions:
- Executive Leadership Coaching & Mentoring
- Budget Planning, Development & Control
- Operational & Financial Risk Management
- Change Management
- Continuous Process Improvement
- Best Practices
- Contract Negotiation
- Strategic Planning & Execution
- Crisis & Turnaround Management
- Cost Reductions with Quality Improvement
- Spearheading the development and branding of a new boutique hotel brand. Delivered the first ‘Hotel Beaux Arts’ super luxury, 5 star plus hotel, as part of the $145,000,000 Miami Marriott JW Marquis project. A new luxury brand within the JW Marriott Collection, an exclusive, ultra-modern private hotel.
- Delivering project cost reductions through scope and material modifications while improving product quality. Utilised value engineering and purchasing techniques on a $120,000,000 project to produce 12% cost savings without reducing quality
- Driving the implementation of a more innovative and economical approach to design. Generated cost savings of 15% on $155,000,000 project and reduced overall time schedule by six months through operational improvements.
- Securing a multi-million dollar construction loan during the financial crisis in October 2008. Tenaciously drove the closing for a $250,000,000 construction loan from Bank of America, and syndicate including HSBC and RBS.
- Transforming the operational performance through continuous process improvements. Improved quality metrics 23%; improved profit margin by 15% in 2 years; reduced costs over 25%; leveraged combined buying power to save more than $1.2m within less than 24 months.
- Leading the economic and organisational turnaround of a failing multi-million dollar project. Intercededon behalf of the Lender and Owner to arbitrate the termination of existing general contractor and reorganise dysfunctional project team to minimise loss and expeditiously complete the project.