Proven social media strategist seeking work in social media, marketing analytics or web development.
Social media campaigns by day, implementation and under the hood by night, Albert Qian is a blend of marketing, business and information technology. Want to utilize all three, or use just one or two to fulfill your organizational needs? Kill two or three birds with one stone -- take a look at his qualifications and experience and you will definitely be impressed. As a recent graduate of Santa Clara University, Mr. Qian knows and understands the importance of being a business hybrid with a unique understanding of culture, ethics and how to get the job done.
Foreign Language Skills: Chinese (Fluent), Spanish (Conversational)
Jan 2008 - Present
Web Marketing and Social Media Intern - Office of Marketing and Communications
WEB MANAGING WORK
- Assisted in creating the website for the Jesuit School of Theology using the CommonSpot interface and Cold Fusion Media, among other projects
- Helped spearhead the creation of SCU Stories, a website highlighting the achievements of current and former students in industry, as well as writing articles for the said project.
- Provided a detailed 12-step documentation process for adding the SCU Stories widget onto Santa Clara University webpages.
- Completed client projects around campus, aiding in the generation of content and relevant pages. Troubleshot and provided support for clients.
SOCIAL MEDIA WORK
- Drove product marketing through doubling the number of fans on the Facebook page with interactive campaigns such as special features and exclusive content. Resulted in overall application increase for the Class of 2014 from the Class of 2013 (Applications rose to 6,800 from 6,057 as a result of the Facebook page, The Santa Clara (May 13th, 2010)).
- Gathered and analyzed data from the Facebook page and organized presentations providing breakdowns of analytical data including suggestions on how to better market to the target fan.
- Wrote articles on the Facebook page surrounding topics such as the Gonzaga-SCU Basketball game and the top 21 things to do while at Santa Clara University
- Collaborated with the Alumni Office in creating a promotion encouraging seniors to interact on the Facebook page in exchange for prizes
- Provided support to Santa Clara University incoming freshmen by answering questions and facilitating discussions on the Santa Clara experience.
Portfolio available upon request. Relevant Links: SCU Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SantaClaraUniversity Jesuit School of Theology: http://www.scu.edu/jst SCU Stories: http://www.scu.edu/scustories
Jun 2009 - Sep 2009
- Helped redesign the website with respect to organization, placing specific subsites in their own directory.
- Redesigned a template for the news and press releases page.
- Utilized Google Analytics to help company understand web traffic to website as well as external websites.
Nov 2008 - Dec 2008
TM&N Design and Branding Consultants
- Helped name a six star hotel in Macau, providing ideas and strategic naming possibilities.
- Consulted firm in implementing and approaching a plan for a fitness company's E-Commerce plan.
- Conducted market research on various multinational and Hong Kong-specific firms, providing analysis on segmentation, differentiation and product lines.
Sep 2006 - Jun 2010
- Recipient of Santa Clara University Preferred Scholarship
- Recipient of service award for the OMIS Department.
- Founder and President, Santa Clarans Against Destructive Decisions
- President, OMIS Student Network (OSN)
- Marketing Director, Fireside Chats
- Peer Judicial Board Student Juror, Office of Student Life
- Secretary, Chinese Students Association
Aug 2002 - Jun 2006
High School Diploma
Leland High School
- Recipient of Leland High School Parent's Scholarship (2006)
- Finalist, Stanford Speech Tournament (2006)
- State Qualifications Finalist, Public Forum (2005)
- Parliamentary Debate Chair (2005-06)
- Public Relations Manager, Speech and Debate (2005-06)
CommonSpot Content Management System
Case study written for Capstone course.
Sample press release for Chad Greer's District 9 City Council Campaign
Opinion piece for The Santa Clara