Oniway was a Portuguese Lisbon-based company and was one of the very first 3G telco operators in the world.
As a Billing Director I was directly responsible for the management of the implementation, deployment, maintenance and support of the post-paid billing systems in the IT department and within a very demanding and complex IT services landscape.
Starting from scratch it was a very challenging and demanding mission to have in a very short time-frame a complete operation in pace, designing team structures, hiring people, and defining most of the processes, platforms and tools that supported my internal teams:
- Quality Assurance team (Quality assurance, SCCM and tests management)
- Software Development team - Mainly Vitria, Weblogic, Java development
- Production support team
Besides the management of the internal projects I was also responsible for the delivery management from many external teams that provided consultancy services and development projects for the Billing area.
With a budget of 4.5M€ these were some of my main responsibilities:
- Overall billing projects program management
- Relation management with internal clients
- Coordination of the external teams of consultants
- Internal teams management
- Strategy definition for technologic architectures and platforms
- Best practices and methodologies
- Providers management
- Proposals negotiation
- Budget management