Profitably trading a portfolio of physical agricultural product, with a main focus on oilseeds (sunflower, soybeans and rapeseed) in a 100% Romanian capital company, with annual turnover of 165.5 mil Euro, one of the most important players on the vegetable oil production industry, owing a crushing plant located in Galati with direct access to port.
- Main responsibility is to manage (together with Commercial Director) the oilseeds trading activity and crush margins: origination in the domestic market, position reporting and management, sales of oilseeds and by-products to export markets and inland;
- Acting as key account for the agribusiness traders in Romania, negotiating the purchase contracts for oilseeds that represent 30% of the needed raw material stock for crushing, totaling of 300k to/year;
- Deliver daily market analysis, supply and demand analysis, as well as market evaluation and strategic scenarios for trading to recommend short or long positions;
- In charge of industry-specific risk management: commodity hedging operating long/short positions on CBOT platform for soybeans, forward contracts at Six Ports with wash-out for sunflower-seeds, as well as Forex hedging;
- To negotiate and supervise execution of contracts with most favorable conditions;
- Accountable for business unit P&L and gross margin;
- Ensure all internal controls and processes are in place: position reporting and position limit management, budgeting, credit limit management, month end estimate and P&L reconciliation.
Significant contributions :
- In charge of logistics and storage solutions project: 2 tank barges (used for vegetable oil storage in Galati Port) and 5 trucks acquisition for own company's fleet, as well as third-party storage contracts portfolio management, improving operational profit by 15% in three months;
- Obtained Gafta & Fosfa membership and currently responsible for in-house training of international commercial practices, offering support for Fosfa contract execution or related problems;
- Introduced line-up port activity report for grains and oilseeds, increasing awareness for all trading teams in terms commodity flows exported on barges and vessels.