In charge of the wheat desk (by-products included: barley, sorghum and triticale) with allocated PnL for South Danube (Serbian, Slovakian also managed by Romanian desk). Responsible for Black Sea Constanta flow to demand destination countries, as well as local origination and constantly addressing export and local demand or switching between them moneywise. Annual allocated volume of 550k tones (grains and oilseeds).
- Accountable for wheat and by-product P&L and gross margin;
- Daily reporting to Geneva Hub, working cross-functionally with South East European desks and Geneva HQ Trading desk, providing inland market analysis and contributing to strategic scenarios for trading to recommend short or long positions, constantly keeping an eye on macro and micro economic factors;
- Supply and Demand book weekly updated for Romanian, Serbian, Slovakian origins.(constantly keeping an eye on replacement origins, contributing to annual strategy in terms of SnD);
- Profitably managing a portfolio of 25 accounts: main local farmers, middlemen, millers, feed compounders, industry related consumers;
- Daily position reporting for grains;
- Daily commodity hedging (through Matif French office) and Forex hedging;
- Responsible for negotiating and supervising the execution of contracts in the most favorable conditions, always thinking five steps ahead to overcome operational bottlenecks;
- Month end estimate and P&L reporting and reconciliation between actual and estimated financial results;
- Accessing new markets/destinations or origination sources, developing creative purchases and sales book, as well as generating and securing trading margin.
- In charge of barge capacity budgeting and profitably managing the stem for Black Sea Sales;
- Profitably covering short positions, both inland and one GASC Panamax and two Handysize meeting Middle East quality specs;
- Fostered key relations to Republic Moldova middlemen that provide access to new commodity flows;