- Expert in Environment Automation using Software Configuration Management / Change Management practices.
- Multiple operating system experience with a concentration in the Client/Server arena.
- Proficient in all Windows platforms with special skills in networking and administration.
- Experience in other OS platforms e.g. UNIX (Solaris, HP, AIX and Tru64), Novell, OS/2 and Macintosh.
- Windows Office Management & Project application skills, documentation and technical writing skills.
- Experienced with multiple version control systems including more than 15 years working with Serena/Merant/Intersolv PVCS. Systems include PVCS Version Manager, Merant’s PVCS Dimensions, Rational’s Clearcase, Microsoft Visual Source Safe, Subversion & Perforce. Additional product experience includes Merant products such as Tracker for defect tracking, Configuration Builder, PVCS DTK, TTK and other Rational products such as Clear Quest for defect tracking.
- Build Automation / Continuous Build expert using Cruisecontrol, Jenkins/Hudson, Java, JSP, ANT and other developed scripts and applications using languages listed above.
- Packaging experience using Wise Installation Manager, InstallAnywhere and some InstallShield.
- Forward thinker with proven ability to understand business and project/SDLC objectives, and achieve maximum results by integrating selected tools.
- Proven ability to work remotely under minimal supervision to meet company goals and milestone schedules.
Mar 2008 - Present
Supervisor Software Engineering
ACI Worldwide / S1 Corporation, Inc.
Work closely with the hosting and development teams to streamline the software delivery and deployment process from the development team to the hosting team.
- Constantly look for opportunities to automate tasks in order to reduce or eliminate manual tasks that are prone to errors.
- Work to improve the build processes of various S1 products and implement continuous integration where necessary.
- Constantly look for opportunities to improve developer productivity through the use of new and innovative tools.
- Assist with administration of servers and/or general product development efforts.
- Work closely with technical writers, quality assurance and developers to assist in authoring product installation guides and release notes.
Jun 1999 - Mar 2008
SCM - Infra Expert / Release Engineer, Software Developer
Amdocs / DST Systems / DST Innovis / DST Interactive / DBS Systems
Automated and Administrated a Software Configuration Management environment supporting version control, continuous application builds, standards, release kits and releases to production within a Java, C++, VB, ASP, SQL and Oracle environment.
- Designed and administrated a NT Domain that housed the SCM environment with a concentration on automation.
- Designed, documented and supported a set of development standards to conform to the existing environment.
- Responsible for the creation of builds and installation kits, using InstallAnywhere, to be released into production environments for systems handling up to 15 million customers. (DIRECTV Satellite billing systems, CRM Customer solutions)
- Designed, implemented and supported a Cruisecontrol / ANT continuous build environment with “On Demand” build functionality.
- Responsible for automation to ensure repeatable build/kit processes, auditing procedures and web monitoring tools.
- Helped design, create, support and administrate the Perforce, Subversion, PVCS Professional Plus suite & PVCS Dimensions environments.
Dec 1997 - Jun 1999
SCM / Consultant
Consultant brought in to evaluate, design and implement a SCM environment supporting version control, defect tracking, application builds, development standards and releases to production within a PowerBuilder, Visual C++ and Oracle development environment.
Sep 1997 - Dec 1997
SCM / Consultant
Consultant brought in to evaluate, design and implement a SCM environment supporting version control, defect tracking, application builds using PowerBuilder, Power J, Power Designer and Sybase, development standards and releases to production.
May 1997 - Sep 1997
Manager of Software Configuration Management which controls source code storage, application builds, defect tracking, development standards, versioning and releases to Production.
Sep 1996 - May 1997
Manager - SCM
Dendrite International, Inc.
Manager of SCM which controlled all aspects of Configuration Management including; Development process/procedures, Documentation, Version Control, Defect Tracking and software compilations. Responsible for all aspects of the development life-cycle pre and post implementation.
Jul 1995 - Sep 1996
Senior Resource Analyst
Project Leader/Developer created an automated GUI for controlling Version Control and software compilations [Software Configuration Management (SCM)] utilizing Intersolv’s suite of SCM tools, Lotus Notes, VB and VC++.
Oct 1992 - Jul 1995
Asst. Vice President
Bankers Trust Company
Managed Change Management for LAN’s within WAN’s, a field consisting of Version Control, Library Management, Configuration Management, Authorization Management, Turnover Management and Software Distribution.