Jan 2010 - Apr 2010
Public Relations Intern
Huntington Area Food Bank
Aug 2008 - Present
Bachelor of Arts
- I'm currently working on my bachelors degree in public relations at Marshall University and plan to relocate upon graduation in December '10.
- I would like to find a position within the advertising, public relations or marketing field that offers a creative environment and gives me an opportunity for growth and career advancement.
- I have a great interest in art and love to use creative strategy.
- I have a passion for the nonprofit sector and would like to work for any agency/individual that advocates for a good cause.
- Recently, I have gained experience in media relations, event planning and fundraising. I worked as a PR intern for the local food bank and worked on various campaigns for the food bank in my senior public relations campaign management course in the spring semester '10 which showed results of over twenty thousand.
- I like to paint, draw and create things in Indesign.
- I love visiting new places. I have traveled most of the US east coast, most of Canada's west coast, most of the Dominican Republic, and have vacationed to Hawaii and Mexico. I love traveling by myself and have great directional sense. I'm very adventurous and curious about the world.
- I'm very interested in entrepreneurship and would like to start my own business one day that incorporates family and togetherness.
- Nonprofits are close to my heart and I feel a need to be a part of cause marketing.