Pulmonary Function Technologist
Nationwide Children's Hospital - 700 Children's Dr Columbus, Oh
- Perform pulmonary function tests on patients ranging in age from infant-adulthood, including baseline spirometry, bronchoprovacation, DLCO, plethysmography, exhaled FeNO, and MIP/MEP/SNIP.
- Administer therapies such as vest percussion, trachel suctioning, and aerosol treatments.
- Educate patients and families on therapies, disease processes, and asthma action plans.
- Perform tests on select patients for national studies.
- Work with a team of physicians, nurses, dieticians, and social workers on clinic quality improvement.
- Assist in bronchoscopies at bedside, in OR and in bronch suites.
- Work closely with interdisciplinary teams in Asthma, Cystic Fibrosis, and Muscular Dystrophy clinics.
- In charge of organizing and training other pulmonary lab respiratory therapists on research protocols and equipment. Participates in upwards of ten research studies at a time.
- Active member of quality improvement teams backed by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, such as Learning and Leadership Collaboration. Help to implement several quality improvement processes in Cystic Fibrosis clinic to help improve patient education and to increase patient BMI for this population