Alwatan Construction Company
- acting as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, crafts people and operatives.
- setting out, levelling and surveying the site.
- checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
- ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications.
- overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant.
- agreeing a price for materials, and making cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project.
- managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect.
- liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project.
- liaising with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws.
- liaising with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress.
- day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors.
- planning the work and efficiently organising the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines.
- overseeing quality control and health and safety matters on site;
- preparing reports as required.
- resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.