Chief Operating Officer
Global Education Technologies (Excent)
- Lead day to day operations for entire company including significant budget, cost reduction, corporate wide procurement, advertising and marketing strategy, and continual improvement strategies.
- Designed and launched the internal cultural program called Ultimate [email protected] to bring unity to the entire organization in an effort to recognize company mission and align departmental goals.
- Customer Care System: Increased customer retention rate from 85% 2008 to 95% in 2009 (expecting less than 3% in 2010 turnover). Worked with Client Services leadership to transform into a client centered, empowered customer support department.The net effect was increased retention, greater communication with clients, and more listening by our team by solving problems not symptoms.
- Professional Services Organization: Focused these efforts with increased revenue and decreased the average implementation timeline from 5-8 months to 3-4 months on existing products. Scaled deployment operations from single, one district at a time to multiple, high quality, and thorough implementations by introducing the PMI (PMBOK) standards for Project Management.
- Business Strategy and Sales: Increased sales revenue in the third and fourth quarter by $1.9 million in existing and new product sales.Facilitated the sales team into a unified approach to K-12 selling strategy focused on organic company growth.Delegated to a new EVP Sales to continue the sales growth process with our established team.
- IT Infrastructure Redesign: Lead all network, desktop support, and internal systems personnel.Jointly engineered integrated systems design including internal networking, collaboration software deployment, project management software, SaaS and ASP solutions setup to support hosted products.
- Consulting Services Department: Designed and established an “Education Solutions” team launching the consulting services department to bring a market defining ideal from thought into reality.Our services department is expected to grow from $250K in 2010 sales to $1.5 million in 2011 in highly profitable revenue.
- Software/Application Development: Created a new development organization to work with an outsourced strategic partner in the development of next generation Special Education Management software.
- 315 School Districts - $5 Million annually