2845 Providence Place e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Independence, MN 55359CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER/CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER Senior financial executive with a record of accomplishments in corporate, domestic and international responsibilities, contributing to corporate growth and profitability. Extensive experience in corporate finance/accounting, global business development and information technology. Particular expertise in mergers and acquisitions, strategic planning, treasury, banking, taxation, risk management, SEC reporting and Sarbanes Oxley. Significant experience in both domestic and international business settings, possessing exceptional communication skills and sensitivity. Past successes reflect the ability to make things happen, using strategic thinking, business acumen and sound judgment. Have always been recognized as a highly, respected, take charge leader with the ability to engender trust.
TELEFLEX, INC. Limerick, PA 2007 – Present
Senior financial executive for a $2.5 billion publicly traded (NYSE) leader in Medical Devices, Aerospace and Marine Products.
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT & CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER –TELEFLEX MEDICAL, Research Triangle Park, NCExecutive in charge of all financial activities for a $1.5 billion worldwide marketer and manufacturer of medical devices. Global organization with 26 manufacturing sites and direct representation in 25 countries.
- Collaborated with senor management on the $2 billion acquisition of Arrow International, Inc; a publicly traded medical device company based in Reading, PA. This acquisition raised Teleflex Medical worldwide revenues by $550 million. Currently leading integration activities, creating over $75 million of global synergies through combined organizations.
- Successfully completed the implementation of a SAP, ERP system throughout North America and Mexico.
ST. JUDE MEDICAL, INC. Minnetonka, MN 2003 – 2007
Senior financial and operations executive for a $3.3 billion publicly traded (NYSE) global manufacturer, marketer and developer of medical devices.
VICE PRESIDENT – FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION – CARDIOLOGY DIVISION 2005-2007, DAIG DIVISION 2003-2005
Executive officer in charge of Finance, Information Technology, Customer Supply Chain and Facilities for St. Jude’s second largest global operating unit with revenues over $500 million
- Successfully split the former Daig Division into two new operating divisions focusing on Cardiology and Atrial Fibrillation.
- Negotiated and completed the acquisition of Velocimed, LLC for $82.5million bringing three new and unique Cardiology device platforms to the company.
- Championed and successfully implemented a new SAP, ERP system.
MARCONI MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC, Cleveland, OH 2001-2002
Senior corporate officer for a $1.8 billion global manufacturer, developer and marketer of electronic medical imaging systems and software.
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT - CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER & TREASURER
Corporate executive position, reporting directly to the CEO: Accountable for all financial matters on a global basis. Oversaw operations on a worldwide basis, including seven global manufacturing sites on all aspects of finance, including treasury and tax, strategic planning, and information technology. Recruited, trained, developed and managed a highly adept global staff comprised of seven Vice Presidents for the Finance and Information Technology functions. Also held the position as President - Picker Medical Finance Inc, a $150 million finance leasing organization specializing in medical imaging equipment, structured as a 50% owned joint venture between Marconi and CIT, a division of Tyco International Inc.
- Negotiated with several strategic competitors, along with their investment banking representatives, for the divestiture of Marconi Medical Systems from Marconi plc. This included “Road Show” presentations to strategic buyers, investment bankers and private equity firms. Led deal structure, contract negotiation, due diligence and post acquisition integration planning. In October, 2001 the sale to Royal Philips Electronics NV for $1.1 billion in cash was successfully completed.
- Turned around Picker Medical Finance (Captive leasing company) from a ($10 million) P&L loss to a $36 million profit in one year.
- Upon joining the company, stabilized a major ERP implementation disaster and eventually optimized the system on a global basis.
- Successfully led a major global restructuring initiative. Reduced over $40 million of annual spending.
RALPH D. BALESTRIERE:
C.R. BARD, INC. Murray Hill, NJ 1982-2001
Senior international corporate executive for a $2.0 billion publicly traded (NYSE) worldwide leader in the development, manufacturer and sale of medical devices.
VICE PRESIDENT & GENERAL MANAGER • INTERNATIONAL FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION Murray Hill, NJ (1998-2001)
Chief Financial and Administrative head of C.R. Bard’s international operations with revenue over $500 million. Provided leadership and managed all Accounting/ Finance, Treasury, Taxation, Business Development, Customer Supply Chain, Information Technology and Human Resources functions outside of the United States. Had P&L responsibility for all European Sales and Distribution Operations plus four manufacturing locations in Europe.
- Developed and implemented a Central European Distribution Center in Belgium, which resulted in the elimination of eight in-country distribution centers. Reduced spending and inventory exposure by 30% and 40% respectively.
- Collaborated with senior management and investment bankers (Warburg/Dillon Reed) on the divestiture of the company’s cardiology business, which culminated in the sale to AVE/ Medtronic for $650 million.
- Developed and successfully restructured and downsized all international operations following the divestiture of the cardiology business, which resulted in an annual cost saving of over $18 million.
VICE PRESIDENT& INTERNATIONAL CONTROLLER Murray Hill, NJ / West Sussex, United Kingdom (1994-1998)
International Financial Executive based in the United Kingdom and the United States. Full accountability for the development and leadership of Finance, Supply Chain and IT organizations for an international group comprised of fifteen in-country operations and eight manufacturing sites in Europe, Japan, Latin America, Asia/Pacific and Canada Directed negotiation, due diligence and integration teams on several major international acquisitions. Instrumental in the development and implementation of an organizational restructure program and cost reduction initiative. Accomplishments include:
- Led negotiations and secured a $26 million acquisition of a Coronary Stent manufacturer in Italy over several larger and formidable competitors.
- Led an $85 million acquisition of German Peripheral Vascular device manufacturer which represented the largest purchase to date in the company’s history. Integrated their existing European business operations and created a unique tax structure saving the company several millions of dollars.
- Developed and implemented an International Treasury Center in Dublin, Ireland to facilitate all financing transactions, currency exchange and cash management outside the US.
- Oversaw the start up of joint ventures and direct operations in Taiwan, Greece, Sweden, Austria and Switzerland, and formed representative offices in China, India and Korea, which resulted in doubling of sales and profitability in those geographic territories.
VICE PRESIDENT & EUROPEAN FINANCE DIRECTOR West Sussex, United Kingdom (1991-1994)
European Chief Financial and Administrative Executive based in the United Kingdom. Scope of Corporate responsibilities included statutory accounting, treasury, tax, risk management, information technologies, business development, and logistics. Assumed a dual role as the Divisional Controller for BardEurope with accountability for directing day-to-day financial operations in 13 subsidiaries, encompassing sales, marketing, manufacturing and R&D.
VICE PRESIDENT& CONTROLLER – BARD JAPAN, ASIA/PACIFIC & LATIN AMERICA DIVISIONS Murray Hill, NJ (1984-1991)
CONTROLLER – BARD LATIN AMERICA DIVISION Miami, FL (1983-1984)
GENERAL ACCOUNTING MANAGER- BARD EUROPE DIVISION (USCI INT’L INC.) Burlington, MA (1982-1983)
RALPH D. BALESTRIERE:
HOOD SAILMAKERS, INC Marblehead, MA - ASSISTANT CORPORATE CONTROLLER 1980-1982
The head of accounting for a $50 million privately held world leader in the manufacturing and marketing of recreational marine equipment and boats.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting/Finance • Boston University • Boston, MA, 1980
- Senior Executive Management Program Columbia University • New York, NY, 1990
- Treasurer and Board of Director - Stronghold Soccer Club, Peapack/Gladestone, NJ 2000-2003 and Wings Soccer Club, Plymouth, MN 2005-2007.
- Acting Chief Financial Officer and a member of the Board of Directors for Unified Environmental Services Ltd. – Edison, NJ 2002-2003.
- Member - Institute of Management Accountants and Financial Executives International.