Finance Officer/assistant Accountant
Valuation Tribunal Services
- While reporting to the Finance Director I prepared monthly, quarterly and yearly statutory and non-statutory accounts.
- Responsible for the preparation of timely and highly accurate management accounts for the Board of Directors and participated in the presentation of the accounts during meetings.
- Prepared and analysed budgets and forecasts for key departments and assisted budget holders in steering the organisation towards intended goals, thus supporting decision making.
- Provided detailed variance analysis to support decision making by identifying, investigating and obtaining explanations for significant variances and discussing these variances with the finance director and budget holders.
- Monitored and reconciled daily cash and bank accounts and prepared monthly general ledger reconciliations ensuring authorization of journal entries was adhered to and copies filed accurately in a centralized system.
- Assisted auditors and ensured audit recommendations were implemented and resolved.
- Consolidated monthly payroll and pension data for external inputting and reconciled all payroll transactions within the control accounts and payroll bank account.
- Conducted month end closures through SAP and coordinated monthly cut off routines for late entries and supervised the entries posted to the accruals and prepayments schedules.
- Maintained the asset register and ensured all acquisitions, disposals and depreciation were identified, recognized and recorded in order to effect valuation of the assets.
- Ensured compliance with regulatory requirements and internal control procedures and contributed towards their continuous improvement.
- Established and maintained an effective financial system for analysing and allocating costs to relevant cost centres thus assisting management to make informed decisions.
- Delivered an effective payroll and pension administration service of over 30 Local Government Pension Schemes through careful and accurate control and input of data.