A professional broadcast and live event director and producer of a variety of programs. Have management skills required for the successful production of programs.
Expert: English, Portuguese
Proficient: Spanish (Reading/Writing)
Editing Software: Saw32, Air Force, Final Cut 6 and 7, Reaper, Mpeg Stream Clip, Handbrake, Inscribe, Visual Hub, Sound booth
MS Office Suite: Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
Dear Hiring Manager:
I am sending you my most recent resume along with a list of my professional references, because I know that I am the woman you want for this job. Please find this document attached.
As you will see from my resume, I am a seasoned professional directing and producing. I have developed both technical and management expertise as I’ve effectively served in the many roles surrounding media production including
• Director/Technical Director
• Backstage and Floor Management
• Production Team Development and Management
• Program/Event Production
• On-Air Roles
• The Operation/ Use of Production and Editing Software and Equipment
My versatility is clearly demonstrated in my many successes delivering quality programs for a variety of venues, events, and audiences. Most recently, I have been producing and directing a globally distributed television broadcast as well as a variety of programs and events for the Cottonwood Church in Los Alamitos, CA. I am very proud to have excelled at both my technical duties and management responsibilities. Within 2 years, I have grown a bi-lingual service from a program using a single camera providing a simple live-feed to a production using 3 teams and 4 directors using multiple cameras.
I am very interested in the opportunity to bring my expertise and abilities to this position. I am confident that I have the technical and management skills as well as the creativity and dedication to serve your company well. Please find my contact information below. I look forward to speaking with you directly as I am very interested in better understanding the position requirements and discussing with you the value that I can bring to your company.
Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Irma J. Brito
Speak the Word Church International Production
Radio & Television Production
Oct 2006 - Aug 2014
Media Production Manager / Production Assistant
Media Production Manager / Production Assistant
- Directed and produced the broadcasts of a mega church with 10,000+ members, seating size the equivalent of the Kodak theatre (3500), and live internet streaming for a minimum of 5 services weekly.
- Within 2 years, grew a bi-lingual service from a single camera live-feed program to a production using 3 teams and 4 directors using multiple cameras; program requirements and team continue steady growth.
- Created and deliver in-house training program to develop employees’ skills in the use of media equipment production techniques and processes; minimized need to hire free-lance professionals thus improving efficiency and growing employee satisfaction.
Directing and Producing
- Directed media events and weekly, globally distributed television broadcasts for Answers to Bayless Conley program, special events, conferences and meetings, in-house broadcasts, theater, and musicals.
- Worked with external customers using the facility for non-church functions directing their media events.
- Collaborated with Senior Editor in writing and direction of commercials and other church productions.
- Produce and frequently direct a bi-lingual service media program including production of DVD recordings.
- Delivered quality results with effective management of a $75K+ budget for camera staff; save $25K annually using an optimal combination of freelance and volunteer personnel.
- Recruited, audition, and hire professional announcers and actors/actresses for commercials and various productions. Successfully interact and direct high-profile and Grammy Award winning talent.
- Implement policies and procedures to ensure efficient control/production room workflow.
- Coordinated all aspects of volunteer and free-lance production teams for broadcast services including recruitment, training, scheduling, and supervision.
- Managed and maintain video archives, including updated production logs, for all productions and Answers to Bayless Conley
- Maintained and managed media office products and supplies inventory.
- Oversee management of equipment inventory and maintain accurate lending logs.
Production and Editing
- Assisted with production shoots and field productions.
- Served as backstage and floor manager for major events.
- Operated cameras including managing the Jib.
- Performed basic editing, cutting, pasting techniques.
- Collaborated with audio translator to provide visual subtitles for bi-lingual services in Spanish.
- Programed lighting cue, effects, and sequences on the Grand-MA Lighting Board.
- Designed stage lighting for Sunday night church services, special events, speaking engagements, shows, singers, dancers, school events, and other performance activities.
- Schedules and supervised volunteer and freelancer operation of the Grand-MA Lighting Board during events and services. Trained volunteers to operate the lighting board.
Jan 2003 - Sep 2006
Program Production / On-Air Talent
KTST & KTSTFM.com, 89.5, Radio Station & KMOJ, 89.9, Radio Station
- Produced the weekly Gospel Radio Show Vivacious Victory; created concept, wrote copy, & planned playlist.
- Created programs focused on ministering music, inspirational life lessons, and encouraging words.
- Broadcasted announcements, promoted events, mixed music, and communicated with public.
- Served as announcer for commercials and events.
- Coordinated events, served as master of ceremonies, and interviewed artists.
- Operated station equipment including switchboard, computer, and compact disc player.
Feb 2004 - Oct 2005
General Electric Consumer Finance
- Processed loans according to standard procedures, state regulations, and legal requirements.
- Monitored compliance with all aspects of the funding process including proper documentation.
- Communicated loan status, unresolved conditions, and programs in an accurate timely and professional manner.
Sep 1997 - May 1998
WVOE, 97.7, Radio Station
- Generated leads, developed prospects, sold and negotiated contracts for on-air sponsors and advertisers for the Northwestern College student radio station.