- Volunteer with Catchafire.org to develop social media strategies for non-profits
- Write for the New York Social Media section of Examiner.com
- Member of New York Women in Communications
- Produce TV programs for Brooklyn Community Access Television
- Sit on the board for non-profit organization, Glamour Gals, Inc.
I help brands tell stories, create experiences and build meaningful relationships with their customers. With relentless focus on return on investment results, I treat every business as if my own.
I was recently named one of Top 200 NYC Social Media Influencers by Tempero UK: http://tempero.co.uk/mappr-nyc/
Apr 2012 - Present
Associate Director, Content Strategy & Distribution
Promoted from Sr. Social Media Manager in March, 2013.
Recruited to oversee owned, earned and paid social media campaigns from strategy to execution for an
Omnicom-funded start up agency that focuses on aligning brands to culture. Pitched and won Social Media AOR duties for two Nestlé brands (Gerber and NESCAFÉ). Develop overarching and campaign social strategy, create content, manage and grow online communities. Manage partner relationships with paid, earned and owned social publishers. Monitor and evaluate content response and brand health metrics for multiple clients. Serve as an executive producer for client video shoots, managing pre, on-site, and post-production. Co-manage the development of a trend spotting network. Lead social media educational workshops both externally and internally. Collaborate with the creative team to produce a series of Social IP documents for new business. Manage a team of two community managers, social analyst, junior content strategists and interns.
- Increased Gerber Facebook Page’s organic growth rate by 585%, engagement rate by 22 %, amplification rate by 130% to date by revamping copy and creative to encompass more consumer and cultural insights
- Oversee the community management of NESCAFÉ Latino and increased the brand’s Twitter handle’s growth rate by 21%, engagement rate by 553 % and amplification rate by 893% through influencer outreach and live tweeting a NESCAFÉ-sponsored program on Univision
- Produced culturally-driven multimedia content for the “Clinique Celebrates” campaign, boosting the brand’s Facebook & Twitter engagement by 110% over two months
- Monitored daily cultural trends and created culturally-driven Facebook and blog content for Hyatt Hotels, generating 995% gains in impressions, 1,252% increase in viral reach and a 140% increase in engagement
Aug 2009 - Apr 2012
Sr. Social Media Marketing Manager
Promoted from Social Media Marketing Manager in May 2011. Developed social media marketing strategies crafted to achieve individual goals for enterprise-level clients. Project managed owned, earned, and paid social media campaigns while working seamlessly with cross-functional mobile, eCRM, gaming, and search teams as well as clients, outside vendors, and PR and creative agencies. Built client relationships based on trust, integrity and collaboration. Monitored trends in social media in order to improve social media strategies and tactics across campaigns. Set key social media metrics and benchmarks to measure success of the campaigns. Acted as Twitter and social video subject matter expert and crafted POVs, case studies, and best practices. Managed an intern and mentored junior-level staff. Educated the management team and others across the company on incorporating relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture.
- Exceeded earned impressions by 16 million and increased Facebook “Likes” for Corona Light by 1300% in a four-week period through grassroots outreach and Facebook social ad targeting
- Led the development of a first-to-market virtual DJ Platform for Corona Light/Corona Extra’s Corona Beach Getaway promotion, generating over 300 parties and 27,000 Facebook “Likes”
- Managed creative development of a successful ION Television Facebook Contest, increasing the fan base of the brand’s “Like” page by 317% and generating over 1,200 UGC videos in a five-week period
- Led the production of 30 Sobieski Vodka online promotional videos while managing a camera crew and talent, and creative agency and client expectations
- Played a significant role in the planning and the execution of three Sobieski Vodka promotional events, which generated over 398 million impressions in online and broadcast coverage
- Oversaw the development and execution of a mobile game for AZO Products across three platforms (iPhone, JAVA and Flash) that had resulted in 7,500 downloads in its first week of release
- Led the activation of key influencers and brand advocates for NBC’s 30 Rock syndication campaign, achieving 16.9 million impressions and increasing the show’s SOV on Twitter threefold
- Planned and executed a social causes-based campaign for Lifetime’s Army Wives Season 5 premiere that drove 4.7 million viewers, making it the number one female drama on television
Jul 2006 - Aug 2009
Associate Marketing Manager
Achieved promotional advancement twice from earlier positions as Assistant Communications Specialist and Committee Coordinator. Increased event attendance and brand visibility and expanded the membership base by developing and managing member relationships and engagement via social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Slideshare, Flickr and by blogging and using online videos. Planned, executed, and tracked email marketing initiatives, Web site activity, paid-search, and social media campaigns. Created and delivered quality online content for corporate Web site, (www.ana.net), widgets, photos, audio podcasts, blogs, a twice-weekly ANA Today e-newsletter, and social networks. Provided strategy for the revamped ANA Web site, the multimedia landing page, and online videos. Assisted in managing company’s publishing house, PR, and creative agency.
- Engaged 36,000 marketers via ANA's social media channels, increasing Web traffic by 109%
- Managed 3 blogs, 5 executive-level blog writers, and had increased blog views by 26%
- Produced and interviewed 30-35 senior executives at the ANA Annual Conference
- Wrote weekly e-newsletters that resulted in ANA lapsed member to reinstate its $25,000membership
Sep 2010 - Present
- Expected graduation: May, 2013
- 3.9 GPA
Aug 2002 - May 2006
- Graduated magna cum laude; 3.7 GPA; Spanish minor
- Member of Phi Beta Kappa, Golden Key International, Phi Eta Sigma and Sigma Delta Pi (Hispanic) Honor Societies
- Recipient of the Nancy Welsh Award for creating the best university-wide community service programming