Welcome to my online teaching portfolio! From the moment I stepped foot in a classroom I knew immediately it was the right place for me. Teaching provides both challenges and rewards that I simply can't get enough of. A lot of schooling and hard work has prepared me for my career in elementary education and I wanted people to have the chance to see some of the work that I have done. To the left, please find links to my philosophy of education, references, lessons I have developed that show my ability to plan efficiently and PowerPoints I have created. I hope you enjoy what you see!
Advanced Regents Diploma
North Rockland High School
Jan 2007 - May 2010
Bachelor's of Education
Coastal Carolina University
Sep 2004 - Dec 2007
Rockland Community College
May 2009 - Present
- Open and close the store.
- Responsible for inventory.
- Handle customer concerns on a daily basis.
May 2010 - Present
Horry County School District
Jan 2010 - Apr 2010
Second Grade Internship
Burgess Elementary School
- Planned, implemented and assessed for 7 weeks.
- Completed integrated science/ELA Teacher Work Sample.
- Planned and implemented ImagineIt! and Everyday Mathematics curriculum.
- Integrated Interwrite and SmartBoard software in lesson planning and implementation.
Sep 2009 - Dec 2009
Second Grade Writing Interventionist
Forestbrook Elementary School
- Worked with a student one on one weekly to improve writing abilities.
- Planned, implemented and assessed his writing based on South Carolina ELA standards.
Oct 2009 - Oct 2009
Fifth Grade Field Experience
Pee Dee Elementary School
- Completed a Teacher Work Sample in Mathematics.
- Planned, implemented and assessed a mathematics geometry unit.
Jul 2009 - Jul 2009
Volunteer Teaching Assistant- Summer Reading Program
East Ramapo Central School District
- Assisted with planning and instruction.
Feb 2009 - Apr 2009
Third Grade Reading Interventionist
Waccamaw Elementary School
- Worked one on one weekly with a student to improve literacy skills.
- Planned and implemented activities based on a student's identified literacy needs.
Mar 2007 - Feb 2008
- Responsible for sales and inventory.
- Opened and closed the boutique.
- Scheduled part- time employees.
Sep 2006 - Dec 2007
Lime Kiln Elementary School
- Volunteered services for an after school remedial program.
- Designed and implemented individualized reading and math instruction for students based on an analysis of assessment data.
Nov 2002 - Dec 2007
Jennifer & Stanley McCalla
- Responsible for picking children up after school.
- Coordinated and provided transportation to extracurricular activities.
- Prepared meals and established evening routines with the children.
Oct 2004 - Jul 2005
File Clerk, Receptionist
Lynn Friedman Chiropractic
- Responsible for filing and office organization.
- Answered phones, scheduled appointments and handled clients' questions and concerns.
May 2004 - Jun 2005
- Choreographed and taught cheer routines to girls ages 5 to 14.
- Scheduled and managed practice sessions.
- Communicated expectations with parents on a daily basis and addressed parental questions, comments, and concerns.
Jun 2002 - Aug 2002
Ramaquois Day Camp
- Planned and implemented gymnastics activities for day camp participants.
- Choreographed and coordinated presentations for parents.