Senior Network Engineer
Prince Nayef Institute for Research and Consulting Services
- Work on the development and testing of new Cisco VoIP, Routing & Switching products that will help to accelerate customer success with Cisco through innovative services and world class people, processes, tools, and partners.
- Design the new WAN architecture scalable for VOIP using MPLS technology and Cisco 7200, 800, 2900 series routers, Catalyst 6500, 3560, and 3750 series switches, Develop documentation set for each site using Microsoft Office Suite and Visio.
- Design and implement new core layer architecture using Cisco Catalyst 6509 utilizing load balance and distributes server farm , network applications , and access layer across these core switches, Develop documentation set for each site using Microsoft Office Suite and Visio.
- Participated in the deployment of VOIP Pilot Project defining the placement on the network and configuring Cisco CallManager (6.0) and CallManager Express, Cisco Unity (5.1) .
- Participated in the deployment of RightFax SR140 project including dial plan and routing, Cisco voice gate away configurations.
- Merged recently acquired companies to existing network. Provided Tier 2 hands on support for NOC utilizing tools such as CiscoWorks and Whatsup Concord Health.
- Upgraded and replaced network equipment (LAN and WAN) at nearly half of the company’s sites,
- install and upgrade Cisco Unified Communication Manager (CUCM) to version 8
- deploy CUCM redundancy architecture by clustering CUCM .
- Managed vendor relationships and together developed solutions to be offered as services using Technology and Product analysis, performed risk assessments against planned milestones, managed capital project expenditures and coordinated external dependencies..
- Led the organization through a series of upgrades to capitalize on emerging technologies and application enhancements including the replacement of obsolete systems in all 300 locations with new LAN/WAN technology.
- Built proof-of-concept VOIP environment based on Cisco IP Telephony technology for product evaluation. Provided assessment and Total Cost of Ownership Analysis for VOIP installation.
- Configured and maintained routers, switches and load balancing solutions from Cisco and other manufacturers in a Web-hosting, mission critical.
- Full project life cycle for enterprise-scale Network contingency planning, network configuration, optimization, redundancy and routing design.
- Maintained technical and vendor product information and recommended standards for the enterprise. Experienced in provisioning and troubleshooting circuits from ISPs