Ardent believer in the power of technology to communicate ideas and advance human endeavors.
- Language Skills: Bilingual English-Spanish; proficient in French; conversational Japanese.
- Industry Leadership: Elected president of Chicagoland Technical Society, 2006 2008; initiated new programs that boosted membership 20%.
- Personal: Competitive triathlete. Volunteer on local school technology committees. Teen mentor.
- Programming Languages/Standards
- Operating Systems
- UNIX, IRIX, LINUX, WIN 98/NT, DOS, MAC OS
- Development Environments and Methodologies
- ClearCase, Visual Basic Studio, Extreme Programming, EMACS, VI, UNIX
- Databases, CRM Tools, and Protocols
- Access, Oracle, ODBC, Vantive, SQL
Development Environments and Methodologies
2004 - Present
- Doubled speed of product turnaround to customers while reducing engineering time.
- Led a cross-functional international team in developing the Internal Update Center (IUC), a service that gives access to all KKY products through a web interface to synchronized FTP collections distributed in 3 countries. Completed project on schedule and 5% under budget.
- Created automated processes that slashed development time for product updates by 65%.
- Designed new "best practice" testing methodologies that were adopted as the new global standard for online applications.
Help Desk Engineer, 2004-2005
Brought on board to strengthen base of technical skills for the company's front-line customer contacts.
- Developed new training protocol that cut new-hire onboarding time from 3 weeks to 3 days.
2002 - 2004
Elevated technology capabilities of fast-growing online educational company. Managed network design, telecommunications, and help desk service.
- Drove website redesign from vision through project leadership, creating an attractive, informative, and easily navigable site. Completed on budget in 3 months (vs. 6 projected).
- Reduced telecom costs 15% by establishing uniform nationwide standards and negotiating new contract at highly competitive rates.
2001 - 2002
Handled all technical and organizational aspects of the company's online presence. Also served as LAN administrator and technical support staff.
2005 - Present
BS in Computer Science
- Website Usability for Programmers (University of Chicago)
- Leading Technical Teams (Chicago Chamber of Commerce Business Forum)
- ASP.NET AJAX, Ruby on Rails, XHTML, Web 2.0 (National Association of Technology Professionals)