The Essential Duties and Responsibilities I delivered as the VP- Finance & Operations included, inter alia:
CORE FINANCE & ACCOUNTING DUTIES:
- Handling AP, AR, accounting, and other day-to-day operational finance work;
- Building out and actively maintaining the Company’s core financial model and balance sheet, including sophisticated tracking and modeling of revenue, margins, and profitability;
- Building out and tracking Company's budgets, working with department heads to make sure they have the resources they need. Using those budgets to manage the Company's cash flows;
- Working with the President/MD to secure necessary financing facilities on the best possible terms;
- Working with the MD to develop pricing models and methodologies for the Company's services and products
- Setting and tracking the overall’s key Finance and Accounting related KPIs and goals.
BUSINESS OPERATIONS DUTIES:
- Supporting in planning and monitoring daily business operations across Head Office and Sales Reps’ regions, primarily focusing in Kigali, Goma, Kinshasa and Montreal Offices;
- Developing and executing a plan for the Company’s physical expansion in the Rwanda, regionally and internationally;
- Helping in managing the Company’s sales pipeline, and strategic expansions as needed.
INVESTOR RELATIONS DUTIES:
- Coordinating all investors’ financial and KPI reporting requirements;
- Coordinating all inbound investor interest/conversations, and develop investor relationships (with both existing and new investors)
- Helping the MD to negotiate terms for subsequent financing rounds and other related strategic transactions.
HUMAN RESOURCES DUTIES:
- Overseeing basic HR operations and related systems - recruitment, hiring, onboarding, and retention, as well as compensation and benefits administration;
- Establishing policies that promote Company’s culture, vision, and employee health and happiness standards;
- Assisting in team growth, working closely with the Company’s lead recruiter to determine what roles are needed, find and interview potential candidates;
- Developing and leading Company-wide performance management processes to ensure team effectiveness and performance against company goals.
LEGAL & CONTRACTS COMPLIANCE DUTIES:
- Developing and maintaining efficient relationships with outside Experts and Lawyers;
- Maintaining cutting edge knowledge of the rapidly developing regulatory/legislative structures of the business and private sector across all countries the Company has its presence;
- Overseeing all contract drafting and negotiations including client contracts, employment agreements, partnership agreements, and vendor contracts.
STRATEGY & PARTNERSHIPS DUTIES:
- Assisting the MD in strategic partnership evaluation, analysis, and negotiation;
- Developing a point of view, supported by robust financial models, on opportunities to scale the Company’s marketplace business including, but not limited to shipping solutions/distribution, payments, advertising, and marketing solutions.