The Essential Duties and Responsibilities I delivered as the Regional Programs Director included, inter alia:
Africa Program Strategy
- Providing overall strategic direction to the “APPI Zero Unemployment” and “APPI Universal Income” programs, and ensure that program deliverables are attained across a breadth of the “APPI Corporate Social Entrepreneurship” program pillars;
- Taking an adaptive management approach to develop and innovate new processes, activities or services to improve impact;
- Leading the development of the proposal and implementation plan for Programs
- Leading strategy for handover and collaboration with Government and/or other service providers and private sector partners.
- Leading and supporting in design of a range of workforce development services, including developing and engaging consultants to develop curricula, designing services such as apprenticeships, links to microfinance, and young professional networks, and designing delivery processes in APPI-run Youth Opportunity Centers and with partners;
- Supporting the Country and Provincial Social Business Managers in development of business model and capacity building of partner private sector companies and beneficiaries;
- Collaborating with Social Marketing Managers to support program promoting pre-employment skills for vulnerable youth through a youth-led community-based program.
- Ensuring effective coordination and collaboration with program partners, including private sector actors, national and international NGO partners and Government entities, and consistently cultivate new relationships;
- Ensuring that an effective communication strategy is in place to share program progress and successes with program donors, HQ, Government and other stakeholders;
- Developing strategies to ensure capacity building and skills transfer to national partners and stakeholders.
Budget and Operational Management
- Developing, managing, and revising program budgets across multiple donors and sponsors;
- Ensuring rigorous accountability to donor rules and regulations and that all spending is donor-compliant and program-effective;
- Working collaboratively with support departments (finance, logistics, and HR) to ensure effective and timely delivery across all APPI offices and Youth Opportunity Centers in Africa;
- Ensuring that effective program management tools are in place, and that the project is delivered on time, on scope and on budget.
M&E and Learning
- Supporting the Results, Learning and Research Managers in the evolution Prospects’ innovative M&E and learning systems;
- Promoting influence based on findings from the Prospects program to local and international stakeholders, as well as to APPI internally;
- Representing APPI at Conferences, technical working groups, and seminars related to youth employment and empowerment.
Staff Management and Training
- Creating an environment conducive to high performance, learning, adaptive management and innovation;
- Overseeing staff development and capacity building, with a focus on mentoring of senior team leads;
- Facilitate training workshops and seminars to increase APPI staff technical and management skills and beneficiaries’ leadership skills.
Reporting and Business Development
- Providing detailed reports for internal and external use, and ensuring high quality and timely donor reporting;
- Designing and writing proposal for Prospects with a greater focus on transition and sustainability;
- Identifying opportunities to develop new activities or additions to current program portfolio.