VP, ELC Collections System Global Project Manager (Feb 2000 – Jun 2001)
With headquarters in London, the Emerging Local Customers (ELC) Collection System supported the follow up of delinquent customer activities in the call centers.The application was implemented in 13 countries (Europe and Asia). It is a WEB application using WebLogic, Java, C++ and HTML technologies.
* Project Management, including the relationships with the Business Units; defining requirements, presenting technical proposals and estimating operational savings.
* Analysis of estimations, preparation of the technical and financial proposals for the business.
* Expense control of the project budget ($4,900,000).
* Technical Architecture and Project Plan validation for Data Centers, QA organization, Communication Group and Security Group.
* Responsible for compliance with Citibank’s policies and standards (Technical, SQA, Audit, Security Office).
* Manage the internal and external development and testing teams in India (53 people, CMM level ).
* Manage, in a doted line, the technology groups in 13 countries (13 people).
* Manage the Data Center Group assigned to Collections (includes the communication group).
* Implement the system in 7 European countries and 6 Asian-Pacific countries.
* Gathered and gained approval of the Business Requirements from the 13 countries.
* Prepared and gained approval of the financial proposal with the Business Units.
* Prepared and validated the technical proposal with the Data Center, Communications and Web Design Groups.
* Finished the Development, System Test, System Integration Test and User Acceptance Test for the first country (India).
* Implemented new Testing Model and Software Change Control practices that were replicated for all India Technology Group projects.
* Implemented the application in India (more than 200 users supporting the Call Centers in 5 cities). Savings of more than $400,000 in the first year of the project by optimizing scope, resources and release/deployment strategies.
* Created and gained approval of the Deployment plan by the Business Unit for the remaining 12 countries.
VP, ELC Change Control Manager. Based in Fort Lauderdale, USA. (May 1999 – Feb 2000)
* Created, gained approval and implementation of the procedures, templates, flows and documentation for software change management in production and development environments.
* Implemented the coordination processes between Program Office (QA, Security and Technology compliance) and Change Control Process involved groups (Poland, Singapore and USA).
VP, ELC Testing Area Head Based in London and Poland. (February 1998 – May 1999)
* Implemented from scratch, the ELC Testing Area (definition, strategy, planning and hiring of 14 people.
* Controlled expenses of the annual budget ($4,600,000).
* Defined and implemented all testing procedures, forms, and documentation flows.
* Obtained the “Citibank Emerging Markets Testing Best Practices” for the ELC Testing Model by the Citigroup Project Pre-Implementation Audit group based in London. (Best in 83 countries).
* Implemented automatic defect-tracking tool using the Continuus software.
* Implemented test-automation using Mercury software (Win-Runner, Win-Director and Load Runner).
* Defined and implemented the coordination with other ELC groups: Internal (Financial Control Area, Architecture, Security compliance, Regional Technology Coordinators and Regional Operation Coordinators for Latin America, Central East Europe, Medium East Africa and Asia Pacific) and External (CITIL - Software Developer in India- and APPC - Global Data Center in Singapore).Some of these groups are CMM level 5.
* Key contributor during the definition, creation and implementation of the ELC O&T area, the SDLC model and the Program Office Area.
* Implemented changes in middleware using CITRIX in order to improve performance.
VP, O&T Financial Control System Head. Based in Fort Lauderdale, USA. (Feb 1995 – January 1998)
* Implemented from scratch, the Financial Control Systems (FCS) Area (definition, strategy, planning and hiring of 32 people). Managed internal and vendors groups.Moved the area to CMM level 2. Annual budget of $6,000,000.
* Defined and gained approval of the Business Architecture, Technical Architecture and projects to support O&T FCS.
* Designed, developed and implemented MAESTRO system (Client Server, UNIX, C++, Oracle 7.x, three tiers). This system was defined to support Financial Control Units in the Caribbean, Central and Latin America (17 countries).
* Participation in the re-engineering of our Approval Credit process for consumer and commercial loans.
* Planned and implemented the Data Center to support the regional server.
* Planned, implemented and tested the Contingency Data Center facilities.
* Defined and implemented the production support (call center and operations) of MAESTRO system.
* Defined and managed the day-to-day activities and responsibilities.
* Defined and deployed a DATA WAREHOUSE solution (PILOT) linked to the MAESTRO system.
* Managed and improved the Emerging Market Financial Control Repository (DECANO, HP 9000, Unix based, C++, Sybase) for 83 countries worldwide.
* Created and implemented the development standards with hands-on in critical programming activities.