CIO/GES and TGA
Vice President / CIO, Group Employee Services [GES] (1995-1999)
Managed application development of 401(k), defined contribution, and employee share plans business, building ancillary technologies including distributed voice technology systems, web-based technologies, defined benefits systems, and various document processing systems. Ensured continuous operation and development of LAN technology and architecture throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Maintained customer service systems supporting national infrastructure across sites in Colorado, Florida, and New Jersey.
- Set Merrill Lynch on track through effective leadership to become third largest 401(k) defined contribution record keeper nationwide with $100 billion of assets under management.
- Reversed negative cost trends and completed deliverables within $100+ million GES business in support of more than 2 million participants in small, middle, and large market arenas.
- Spearheaded use of Capability Maturity Model (CMM) for software process improvement, leading team to achieve only Level 3 designation enterprise-wide.
- Headed due diligence team and managed integration of 401(k) systems of major new client acquisitions into GES family of systems.
Merrill Lynch, Somerset, New Jersey…
VP / Director, Application Development – Trusted Global Advisor (1993-1995)
Led more than 500 development and business professionals in designing and building integrated data environment for client and service information with core systems encompassing client information management, financial service management, service management, and business document support utilities. Piloted shift in client and service applications from account-based, product-oriented structure to needs-based, client-centered relationship.
- Singled out to guide application of TGA vision, a 5-year, $1 billion application development, database re-orientation, and branch office infrastructure project conceived by Merrill Lynch Private Client Group.
- Directed mission-critical project to re-architect Cash Management Account (CMA) systems, which managed approximately 14 million accounts. Led firm-wide infrastructure and software changes, extensive testing, regulatory reporting, and business area coordination.
- Hired and managed geographically dispersed staffs of different cultures and weave them into teams.Initiated and developed in-house training department that enabled timely and cost effective delivery of end user training.
VP / Director, Client Information Systems & Attendant Databases (1991-1993)
Driving force in rapid-development project to implement and manage pioneering, award-winning Financial Foundation Planning System, the keystone of organization’s strategic direction. Propelled company to recognition as the market leader in financial planning.
- Teamed with third-party integrator to design and implement state-of-the-art document and mail management systems, enabling company to cut number of regional operations by 83% and generating multimillion-dollar cost savings.