Seeking a management position where my knowledge, skills and experience can contribute to the progress of an organization.
Keeping up-to-date with technology advancement and developments. Blogging, Swimming, Playing cricket.
A certified project management professional and IS auditor. Over eight years of experience in implementation and management of Information Technology systems. Demonstrated experience in planning, developing and implementing cutting edge information solutions to address business opportunities. Possess Strong awareness of the local, regional and international IT vendors, solutions and implementation partners.
Seeking a position where highly effective technology management experience will add to profitability.
Jun 2007 - Present
Sr. Engineer Systems & Network
Reporting to the Group IT Manager, major duties include:
- Managed various infrastructure design, setup and optimization projects for the group.
- Established processes trained and developed procedures while coaching, mentoring and consulting Systems Engineers and support team.
- Liaison between IT, business owners and vendors
- Responsible for issue resolution, resource and vendor management, SLAs and quality Control metrics
- Train applications users to ensure the correct and proper use of business systems
- Work out current and future IT needs by consulting with people at all levels about the current information systems
- Support the establishment of and compliance with appropriate standards, procedures, and controls for information systems.
- Ensure effectiveness of existing controls and identify the need for improved controls to meet the control objectives.
- Responsible for overall network and systems security for group head office and all SBUs
- Ensure policy and procedure compliance for change management and disaster recovery planning.
- Actively work with group’s internal customers: discuss their pain points, understand their challenges and discuss their expectations and conditions for satisfaction.
- Manage and provide the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all information technology systems including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware & software.
- Provide input into service improvement initiatives and prioritizes improvement initiatives
- Provide advice to the group IT Manager & other senior managers on IT issues and planning.
Jan 2006 - Jan 2007
- Reporting to the General Manager Marketing
- Responsible for identifying, recruiting, and managing relationships with Channel Partners.
- Identify and recommend marketing opportunities, preparing proposals detailing strategy, distribution, costs and other pertinent information, when appropriate.
- Possess clear understanding of the needs and characteristics of various target audiences, including key distinctions between distribution channels
- Responsible for developing and managing Channel Partners for the Corporate and Consumer products and services.
- Promote channel campaigns, leveraging resources of Sales, Customer Service, Franchise and Dealer Communications, E Business
- Maintaining customer and channel partner relationships
- Training of the franchise/dealer sales teams
Mar 2002 - Dec 2005
Promoted from the scale of Tech-4 to Tech-7 and Posted at the Network Operations Centre in Provincial Headquarters. Duties included:
- Responsible as part of the team of three, for management, support and troubleshooting the network of more than 50 branches connected through DXX, RADIO, E1, DSL, BRI and DIAL-UP.
- Designing and installation of WAN solutions for various projects of employer.
- Support the management of Nortel passport based frame relay network all over Pakistan.
- VPN and firewall based network management.
- Management of the LAN, responsible for keeping the LAN secure of various security threats, IP address management, Administration of Directory services, Video Conferencing setups
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of call centre network, based on NORTEL meridian PABX.
Position:Systems Engineer (T-4)
April 2002 - September 2005
Major duties included:
- Management of all the technical aspects of the NSRC.
- Extensive customer handling. Resolving technical issues that cause delays in issuance of CNICs.
- Installation and management of Dell Poweredge servers
- Administration and management of the SQL Server holding four critical databases with records of the citizens
- Administration of the application system, user rights assignments, Windows 2000 server administration,
- Management of the DSL and ISDN BRI links to the PHQ.
- Assisting the management in setting up infrastructure for more NSRCs.
- Provide technical Trainings & Orientations to the Managers, System Engineers and junior staff.
Apr 2000 - Feb 2002
- Windows NT Server administration
- Back Office Sales System Administration.
- Provide support to the accounts department regarding their technical queries concerning the Back office Sales System and database.
- Responsible for overall network administration, Administration of the email server MDemon,
- Providing Technical Support and In-house trainings, configuring user profiles, rights and policies.
- Support for Point-of-sales System for company’s KFC outlets.
Expected to be completed in December 2009
Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan. FE1 qualified.
Apr 2010 - May 2010
Project Management Professional