As a sales representative my experiences included:
- Performing under pressure in a highly competitive, commission based environment
- Working as part of a team, competing against other teams
- Meeting daily, weekly, and monthly targets
- A multitude of sales and negotiating tactics
- Ethics in sales
- Establishing and maintaining customer relationships
- (99 bikes specific) all aspects of retail and face to face communication from ordering and receiving stock to finalising sales and maintaining relationships with customers.
During the time I worked at 99 Bikes I had been short listed for a leadership position due to competence in sales and leadership potential. Though 99 bikes had put me in their sights as a future leader, I fundamentally disagreed with their culture of maximising sales and the customers expense and decided to leave so I could find another way to start my career in international business.