Aug 2011 - Present
Jan 2005 - Aug 2011
Aug 1998 - Jan 2005
I believe each child is capable of learning. As a teacher, you have to
embrace their learning style to ensure that learning takes place.
As a Media Specialist, I am still a teacher, but my role as a teacher is different.I become a vital source for information and technology, reaching the 21st century learner.
- Create lesson plans to meet all learning styles.
- Maintain budget while purchasing items conducive to learning.
- Manage school's library collection.
- Able to read data and implement strategies to improve data.
- Assess students to ensure all are meeting the standards.
- Keep accurate data of grades and reading levels.
- Maintain a learning-friendly atmosphere with as little discipline interruptions as possible.
- Collaborate with grade level teachers to gain ideas to use in my classroom.
- Work closely with the Special Education and Speech teacher for students with IEP’s.
2.1 Knowledge of Learners and Learning
- Course EDUT 6209, Spring 2010 -Based information skills instruction on student interests and learning needs, as I presented a lesson to 4thgraders at Sherwood Elementary.
- Course EDUT 6116, Fall 2010 - Created a Collection Policy for my library of choice. Within this, I had to have an understanding of the patrons.Collection Policy
- Course EDUT 6690, Fall 2011 - This grid is used to guide my selection for observation hours based on free and reduced lunch percentages. WIth completion of my internship, I have been exposed to a variety of media centers. Grid
- Course EDUT 6209, Spring 2010 - Worked with classroom teachers to co-plan, co-teach, and co-assess information skills instruction
- Course EDUT 6209, Spring 2010 - Wrote an Instructional Design model paper that analyzed the role of student interest and motivation in instructional design. Instructional Design Model
- Course EDUT 6698, Fall 2011 - Worked with 2nd graders in researching for a class project.
- Course EDUT 6209, Spring 2010 - Planned a Technology lesson that assisted students to use technology to access, analyze, and present information. Technology Lesson Plan
- Course EDUT 6215, Summer 2010 - Designed a website that included a Thematic Unit with photos and resources for anyone to access. Thematic Unit
- Course EDUT 6698, Fall 2011 - Developed a PowerPoint Presentation to teach the Dewey Decimal System to elementary students. Dewey Decimal System
4.1 Managing Information Resources: Selecting & OrganizingCourse EDRG 6160,Spring 2010 - Utilized collection analysis, evaluation research and techniques to ensure a balanced collection that reflects diversity of content, reflecting our multicultural society. Weeding Policy
- Course EDUT 6117, Spring 2010 - Designed a plan for collection development and analysis with policies that ensures equitable access to facilities and resources. Collection Policy
- Course EDUT 6117, Spring 2010 -Developed procedures to analyze the effectiveness of library media policies, procedures, and operations, ensuring they support intellectual freedom and the privacy of users of all ages. Handbook
- Course EDUT 6698, Fall 2011 - Worked with certified media specialists to select items to purchase from vendors, such as, Follet and Bounds to Stay Bound.
4.2Managing Program Resources: Human, Financial, Physical
- Course EDUT 6209, Spring 2010 -Collected fines for lost and over due items
- Course EDUT 6117, Spring 2010 -Created a handbook of policies that will enable a media center to run smoothlyl. Media Center Handbook
- Course EDUT 6118, Summer 2011 - Created a budget for a media center where I used relative line items to justify purchases to ensure that the needs of the library's patrons were met. Media Budget
- Course EDUT 6698, Fall 2011 - Aided in a book fair for an elementary school. Profits benefit the media cetner. Course EDUT 6207, Summer 2010 - Created a home network design to learn the steps in creating a network in the future in a library. Designing a Home Network
4.3Comprehensive and Collaborative Strategic Planning and Assessment
- Course EDUT 6209, Spring 2010 - Developed an assessment rubric for technology lesson plan to see which students met the standards.
- Coursed EDUT 6698, Fall 2011 - Worked with media specialist in planning how to spend budget to meet the needs of the media center.
- Course EDUT 6698, Fall 2011 - Worked closely with faculty to pull resources for lesson plan. Also, aided in planning a high school co-teaching project.
3.1Connection with the Library Communication
- Course EDRG 6160, Spring 2010 - Held interviews with Media Specialist at the elementary, middle school, and high school level to gather information on how their libraries are operated.
- Course EDUT 6118, Summer 2011 - Completed 15 hours of observation, 5 elementary hours, 5 middle school hours, and 5 high school hours. I documented these hours in journal-like format. Journal
- Course EDUT 6698, Fall 2011 - Completed 90 hours of observation; 30 elementary hours, 15 middle school hours, 25 high school hours, 10 public library hours, and 10 professional development hours.
3.2 Instructional Partner
- Course EDUT 6209 Spring 2010 -Worked closely with a Media Specialist to do a collection analysis using Capstone.
- Course EDUT 6209 Spring 2010 - Developed a lesson plan for selected patrons with the guidance of the Media Specialist.
- Course EDUT 6215, Summer 2010 - Worked closely with my collegues to create a wiki on using Destiny. Using Destiny
- Course EDUT 6698, Fall 2011 - Worked with a collegue to plan an iPad app workshop.
1.1Efficient and ethical information-seeking behavior
- Course EDUT 6118, Summer 2011 - Able to use professional resources to find, evaluate, and select appropriate sources to answer questions. Article Review
- Course EDUT 6698, Fall 2011 - Online Discussions about library information and ideas.
- Coursed EDUT 6698, Fall 2011 - Visited media centers at all academic levels to learn how the various media specialists operate in their media centers.
- Course EDUT 6209, Spring 2010 -Collaborated with teachers to integrate literature into curriculum at Sherwood Elementary
- Course EDUT 6117, Spring 2010 - Identified resources to create an reliable Collection Policy Annotated Bibliography of Resources
- Course EDUT 6698, Fall 2011 - Aided in the prepartion for a Book Talk for high school students.
1.3Access to information
- Course EDUT 6117, Spring 2010 - On-line Discussion on how to obtain resources and how to assure intellectual freedom.
- Course EDUT 6615, Spring 2010 - Reviewing Journalsallowed me to see that journals can be a great resource to use when planning activities, making purchases, collaborating, learning about the latest software available, or the newest award-winning books, etc.
- Course EDUT 6698, Fall 2011 - Discussed with certified media specialists the best listservs to enroll in to obtain information beneficial to media needs.
- Course EDUT 6209, Spring 2010 - Demonstrated collaborative techniques to create a positive educational climate in a technology-rich library media center by creating a stimulating technology lesson. Lesson Plan
- Course EDUT 6117, Spring 2010 - Created a project on developing the layout of a Media Center. Media Center Layout
- Course EDUT 6698, Fall 2011 - Created a lesson plan for second grade teaching the Dewey Decimal System. Lesson Plan
- Rookie Teacher of the Year, Phenix City School District, January 2006
- Dean’s List with a 4.0 average at Troy University, December 2005
- Who’s Who Among American College Students, April 2004
- Children’s Pastor, Trinity Temple Assembly of God (2005 to Present)
- Yearbook Advisor, Sherwood Elementary (2006 to 2011)
- Building Leadership Team Representative, Sherwood Elementary (2009 to 2011)
- BBSST Chairperson, (2006 – 2009)
- Spelling Bee Coordinator,(2008 – 2009)