- Planning, Organizing and Prioritizing
- Problem Solving
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Interpersonal Communications
Member of Project Management Institute (PMI) and 7-yr president of homeowners' association; served on boards of Southern Minnesota Human Resources Association (SMHRA) and committees for Chamber of Commerce, American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, One Bright Star, Light of Life Foundation (Yellow Ribbon) and Minnesota State University-Mankato e-Mentoring program.
Accomplished Retail Merchandising Manager with over 15 years' experience in the telecommunications industry, accountable for up to $1.5M budget. Pioneered and regionally managed a broad range of retail sales functions for new start-up wireless company including staff management, store design, communications, merchandising strategy and policy and procedure development. Flexible team player with strong computer, interpersonal and problem-solving skills and ability to plan, organize and execute multiple projects. Proficiencies include:
- Customer Service Excellence
- Retail Merchandising and Store Design
- Resource Management and Administration
- Project Management Certified
2009 - Present
Market and sell custom signage and graphics to individuals and businesses with a focus on Internet marketing to create additional sales opportunities. Also generate business by cultivating partnerships with leading firms, direct mail and telemarketing.
- Achieved #1 position in sales performance 2 months after joining company.
- Played key role in developing company's new CMS and e-Commerce websites to create a consistent multi-channel experience and increase profits.
- Effectively drive multi-media online campaigns and promotions, resulting in increased sales through up-sells and cross-sells.
2008 - 2009
Healthcare Professional Interview Analyst
Regional medical center and Mayo Health System partner, with >2K employees serving 70 communities in Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin.
Interviewed applicants for regional healthcare professional positions and analyzed applicant talents against organizational and industry benchmarks.
- Conducted 100+ employment interviews per month; selected and referred top candidates to hiring managers.
- Achieved 96% accuracy during certification-in prediction of candidates’ potential to perform work with excellence.
- Gained solid working knowledge of healthcare computer applications including Lawson/CAS, Kronos, Webinservice, Metitech, Talent+ computer-aided interview, diagnostic and recording software and use of VPN remote servers.
1990 - 2007
Retail Merchandising Manager
Nation's 5th largest wireless provider with >12M subscribers and $7.9B in revenues. (Acquired Midwest Wireless.)
Managed 3 direct reports and cross-functional teamsresponsible for product merchandising and re-branding initiatives following Midwest Wireless buyout by Alltel. Reported to VP, Marketing and Communications.
- Collaborated with Alltel managers to co-develop ~$75K capital budget and implement re-branding elements in university stadium, tradeshow displays, marketing vehicles and Mankato civic center. Achieved 100% completion of all re-branding by target date.
- Responsible for asset disposition in 41 locations, and partnered with Alltel project managers on 31 store construction projects, achieving 100% completion by conversion date.
1997 - 2007
Retail Merchandising Manager
Wireless provider of voice and data communication products to Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin markets with >600 employees, 4.5K subscribers and ~$300M annual revenues.
Managed up to $1.5M budget and high-performing team responsible for store positioning, leasing, planning and design, tenant build outs, merchandising strategy, operational processes, policies, procedures and multi-channel training and support. Reported to VP, Marketing and Communications.
- Optimized retail channel in tri-state region through market analysis, site selection and completion of >95 new store openings, remodels, relocations and closing projects, 100% on time and on budget.
- Led cross-functional teams to design, implement and train 160+ sales staff on interactive displays prior to launching ~8 new technology products per year, resulting in increased customer interaction and accelerated sales.
- Spearheaded team project to improve process for production of POP graphics, resulting in 75% reduction in cycle time and 88% cost savings after start-up costs.
- Directed teams in re-branding 5 company acquisitions, integrating 30 retail stores into company's distribution network and training 65+ sales employees on new systems. Sales channel-readiness by target date resulted in seamless transition for customers and expedited profitability.
- Standardized agent merchandising program, including signage, fixtures and point-of-purchase (POP) displays, and collaborated with agent managers to implement in ~200 agent stores. Resulted in heightened brand identity and ~20% cost savings.
1990 - 1997
New start-up company in 1990 that provided the first wireless service ever available throughout >55K square miles of rural Minnesota. (Later rebranded as Midwest Wireless)
Evolved from serving as company’s first retail salesperson to managing day-to-day operations of 15 stores/ kiosks and sales staff of ~35. Developed company’s retail sales channel by opening new distribution outlets throughout southern Minnesota and developing and refining operating policies and processes.Reported to Director, Sales and Marketing.
- Authored and instituted company's first operational policies and procedures, retail sales training manuals and merchandising manuals; delivered multi-channel training.
- Designed and implemented company’s first store models and merchandising programs; managed $700K budget, coming in under budget 100% of tenure.
- Served as company’s first retail salesperson, consistently achieving >125% of sales quota.
1984 - 1986
Minnesota State University, Mankato
(Magna Cum Laude)
1982 - 1984
(Summa Cum Laude)