Director of Special Collections
OCLC (Online Computer Learning Center) ... Dublin, Ohio (February 2008 to Present)
World's largest, non-profit, cooperative of libraries (72,000 libraries in 86 countries); facilitates library cooperation in cataloging, inter-library loan, virtual reference, digital archiving, and other services; hosts world's largest union catalog of library bibliographic data (WorldCat); generates approximately $240.5 million annually.
Director, Special Collections (April 2009 to present)
Increase discovery of special collections within WorldCat); led development of digital data strategy and acquisition for open archives and special collections.
- Led successful integration of OAIster, the world's largest aggregation of records pointing to open-archive collections with more than 25 million records contributed by over 1,180 organizations worldwide.
- Coordinated collection acquisition plan for ArchiveGrid, a database of collection level descriptions and finding aids from archives around the world; and expanded the aggregation to over 1 million records, increasing finding aids by 13% to over 92,000.
Director of Product Management, OCLC NetLibrary (Boulder, CO) (Feb 2008-April 2009). NetLibrary provides access to ebooks to greatest number of academic libraries worldwide and is the single largest provider of frontlist content to academic library market, offering titles in more than 20 languages.
- Hired for and managed product management team and held P & L responsibility of $18 million, which also supported a licensed content portfolio of over $30 million.
- Led the development of NetLibrary Media Center, desktop application enabling public library clients to search, manage, transfer and listen to downloadable eAudiobooks on portable devices; 6-month concept-release initiative recognized as amongst first in marketplace combining Media Center and iPod functionality.
- Enhanced public perception of NetLibrary through representation and participation on industry panels, conferences, podcasts and publications; included development of advisory board ensuring organization operated with customer-focus and commitment.