- Outdoor activities (camping, biking, boating, etc.)
- Sports (basketball, football, golf)
- Spending time with family and friends
2000, 2002 to 2004
- Honored twice by the Mountain West Conference as an outstanding "Scholar Athlete."
- Participated in both the Liberty Bowl and the Fiesta Bowl - in 2004, team finished ranked #4 in the nation with an undefeated record.
- Selected as one of ten student-athletes in the State of Utah to be named as an Outstanding Athlete/Scholar/Leader by the National Football Foundation in 2000.
I am the Pharmacy Sourcing Manager for the Supply Chain Organization at Intermountain Healthcare in Salt Lake City, Utah. For this position, I strategically manage pharmaceutical contracting and spending for Intermountain’s 23 hospitals and more than 150 clinics. I also collaborate with physicians, pharmacists, and the pharmacy and therapeutics committee to ensure that the contracting and negotiation of products are in accordance with Intermountain’s needs, clinical standards, and formulary guidelines. Prior to this position, I was a finance analyst for Intermountain Healthcare.I received a bachelor of science degree in finance from the University of Utah in Salt Lake City. I followed this with a master’s degree in healthcare management and business administration from Western Governors University in Salt Lake City.As a member of the University of Utah football team, I was honored twice by the Mountain West Conference as an outstanding scholar athlete. In 2000, I was selected as 1 of 10 student athletes in the State of Utah to be named as an outstanding athlete/scholar/leader by the National Football Foundation.
Apr 2008 - Present
My wife and I are owners of Clearview Shutters located Sandy, Utah. We specialize in the manufacturing and installation of custom wood interior shutters. My wife handles all of the sales and management. I handle all of the finance and development on the side while I continue to work for Intermountain Healthcare full-time. We currently have 7 trained technicians in our shop.
Sep 2007 - Present
Pharmacy Sourcing Manager
- Strategically manage pharmaceutical contracting and spend ($200 million per year) for Intermountain’s 23 hospitals and over 150 clinics.
- Tactically plan and direct pharmacy savings projects on behalf of our facilities.
- Negotiate and partner with pharmacy manufacturers to deliver additional value and savings.
- Collaborate with physicians, pharmacists, and the Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee to ensure that the contracting and negotiation of products are in accordance with the needs, clinical standards, and formulary guidelines for Intermountain Healthcare.
- Lead pharmacy partnership with Intermountain Healthcare’s Group Purchasing Organization, Amerinet.
May 2006 - Sep 2007
- Analyzed and validated clinical and non-clinical sourcing projects using financial valuation tools.
- Created, managed, and administered rights for Supply Chain Finance SharePoint site.
- Substantially increased organizational efficiency by writing macros in Excel and writing automated reports in Cognos.
Jan 2005 - Aug 2007
Miller's Willowcreek Development
- Conducted operations for the management of numerous real estate investment properties totaling over $15 million. Used valuation tools such as Discounted Cash Flow Analysis to evaluate potential investment projects.
- Substantially increased company efficiency by organizing data into Microsoft Excel, Access and QuickBooks. Managed accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and cash accounts.
2008 - 2010
2000 - 2006
- 3.6 GPA - Dean's List - Including several Honors courses in Finance
- Member of the Student Investment Fund - an elect group of 20 students selected by faculty to manage three stock portfolios totaling over $150,000.
- In 2005, selected as one of 14 students by the David Eccles School of Business for recruiting trip to New York City. Met with senior management of several investment banks, and consulting firms.
- In 2006, invited to the "Redefining Investment Strategy Education (RISE) Conference" in Dayton, Ohio with top finance students from around the country.
- Radio show guest for "The Bottom Line" a statewide business and economic program to discuss equity investing strategies.
- Elected by student body to be an Assembly Representative for 6,000 students with undeclared majors during the 2003 school year. Worked as advocate for changes in funding practices.