Therapist, Training Coordinator
Austin Peay State University
Counselor responsible for:
- General counseling for APSU students.
- Development and participation in campus outreach to improve access to Student Counseling Services.
- Leading weekly mindfulness activity for APSU general population.
- Providing psycho-education to APSU1000 classes on stress management, mood management, and services offered by Student Counseling Services.
Internship Training Coordinator responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining internship pipe-line with surrounding university counseling programs.
- Recruiting counseling interns for the Student Counseling Center.
- Providing training orientation for new counseling interns.
- Supervising master's level counseling interns.
- Planning yearlong training and development opportunities for counseling interns.
Outreach Liaison to Military Student Center and African American Cultural Center responsible for:
- Providing training for MSC and AACC staff on helping students in crisis.
- Providing psycho-education events on depression and stress-management.
- Co-leading discussions on barriers to mental health access.
- Providing weekly walk-in counseling at Military Student Center.