My name is Brian Sinchak. I will graduate from West Virginia University next month with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication Studies. I am currently searching for a job either in Southern Connecticut or New York City. My ideal job would be in advertising and/or publicity. I feel confident in my overall abilities to be a model employee. I am a driven person with a healthy and diverse amount of experience. I am happy to answer any inquiries that a potential employer may have about me, my education, and/or my work experiences. I am also opened to communicating with somebody else who shares similar interests, backgrounds, or experiences. I would love to share ideas, information, and learn as much as I can. Thank you.
- Active member since the Spring of 2007
- Served as a member of the Treasury Committee
- Served as a member of the Interfraternal Council.
- Served as a member of the Alumni Relations Committee
- Our chapter has won best the award for best fraternity for two of my four years at West Virginia University
As a Communication Studies major, my objective is to acquire an position that will expose me to a wide variety of situations involving public relations and communications.I am looking to put myself in situations where pressure is placed upon me. I know that will benefit me in the long run and improve my quality of work.Gaining experience would be a great way for me to develop my abilities in a working environment. I would certainly put forth the maximum effort to get my tasks done, and done well.
- Public Relations
May 2009 - Aug 2009
Intern (Sales Department)
- Researched wholesale companies
- Researched prospective partners
- Establish recruitment policies and tactics
- Contacted and recruited potential partners (Acquired over 100 wholesale companies)
Jun 2008 - Aug 2008
Intern (Publicity Department)
- Wrote press releases
- Helped to Organize three press conferences in New York City
- Microsoft Excel work
- Tracked media coverage of the organization