Aug 2006 - May 2010
Sep 2009 - Apr 2010
Side Pocket Pub Server
West Virginia University
- Prepared food orders for customers.
- Managed other responsibilities such as cleaning, customer service, and proper health protocol with other employees.
- Developed a solid customer base for establishment and brought new customers in.
Jun 2009 - Jan 2010
- Managed member accounts to secure that all information was up to date and accurate.
- Gathered and distributed office mail to appropriate employees.
- Collaborated with permanent staff in convergence from OTTS system to VinTek system.
- Trained new incoming seasonal employees.
Jul 2009 - Aug 2009
- Prepared and drafted over 10 different letters to patrons asking for their support in the Nov.’09 state election.
- Spoke with over 50 patrons daily asking for democratic candidate support.
- Canvassed surrounding neighborhoods in Fairfax County to inform patrons of the coming November ’09 state elections.
- Prepared and drafted letters to current democratic congressmen and congresswomen asking for their support for President Obama’s new health care reform bill.
- Lobbied for support of health care reform bill.
- Aided different Democratic Candidates organizations in distributing candidate literature to patrons.
Sep 2006 - Apr 2009
Lab Attendant, College of Business &Economics/School of Journalism Computer Labs
West Virginia University
- Managed appearance of computer labs.
- Secured all equipment in the lab was running properly.
Jun 2006 - Aug 2006
- Processed over 100-200 customer transactions daily.
- Secured all merchandise was priced and charged correctly.
- Prevented any forms of theft attempts taking place during the checkout process.
Jun 2005 - Aug 2005
- Provided customers with information pertaining to the store, clothing, and specific item interest.
- Recruited new brand representatives as a recruiting office.
- Communicated well with fellow employees to keep a positive work environment.
- Managed appearance of the store.
To use the skills of Communication and Foreign Language I have acquired during my education and work experiences to gain an entry level position in a professional organization and promptly contribute to the organizations goals and objectives.
Mountaineer Boys and Girls Club (Morgantown, WV)
- Participated in outdoor and indoor activities with kids ages 6-18
- Offered help to the kids during power hour, which is there study and homework hour
Sundale Nursing Home (Morgantown, WV)
- Participated in games and activities with the residents.
- Assisted staff in serving dinner to residents, as well as help clean up.
- Actively communicated and built relationships with residents and staff.
The Bartlett House (Morgantown, WV)
- Assisted permanent staff in preparing and serving dinner for the residents.
- Cleaned up kitchen and washed dishes after the dinner hour.
- Assisted in the transportation of donated food from WVU Dinning Halls.