- Columbus US-GA
- [email protected]
EDUT 6215 Methods for Integrating Technology into the Curriculum
We live in a digital world and teach digital natives. We are the immigrants and we must be willing to try new things to capture their interest as well as take advantage of the resources that technology enables us to reach.
We must be willing to allow students to share what they know and use that as a resource, too. Often times they know about websites and tools, that we may not have heard about. We have an obligation to try to continue to learn about new technologies. This course focused on ways to do this in the classroom and media center.
EDUT 6115 Foundations of Library Media Programs
Just as I hope to foster a lifelong love or learning and information seeking,I plan on modeling that behavior through memberships in the Georgia Library Media Association and the American Association of School Librarians.I will continue to collaborate with other media specialists and seek out ways to grow professionally.
The role of the media specialist is to enhance and support the curriculum while providing students with access to current, reliable, and appropriate resources.The media specialist will assure that both teachers and students are effective users of information and encourage lifelong learning and a love of reading.
· 2011-2012Member of the High School Renovation project St. Anne-Pacelli<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
· 2011 Co-Chairman for technology committee portion of<o:p></o:p>
Strategic Planning committee for St. Anne-Pacelli <o:p></o:p>
· 2011 Head of media and technology portion of FCC <o:p></o:p>
accreditation steering committee<o:p></o:p>
· 2009 Creator and chairman for St. Anne-Pacelli Book Swap<o:p></o:p>
· 2003-2005 St. Anne-Pacelli School Board Member<o:p></o:p>