- Responsible for oversight of the following departments: Curriculum and Instruction (K-12 grade), Career and Technical Education (CTE), Advanced Academics (i.e., Gifted & Talented [elementary through secondary], Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, Dual Credit, and AVID), Drop out Prevention, and Guidance & Counseling.
- Lead curriculum, instruction, and course offerings of secondary summer school programs (i.e., Extended Year for junior highs and high school summer school).
- Lead and facilitate the District Level Instructional Decision Making Committee (DIDC).
- Manage, direct, and approve the use of High School Allotment funds that lead to student success in college and career readiness.
- Lead the collaboration of post-secondary and community partnerships to address AISD student achievement at all grade levels (e.g., Center for Innovation Longitudinal Study [grades K-12], STEM Academy and UTA, Fine Arts dual credit and the University of North Texas, and Arlington Public Libraries and the AISD [certification programs]).
- Monitor, update and amend instructional and course agreements (e.g., Fire Academy, Dual Credit, JROTC, AVID, Graduation [end of year and summer], AP, and PSAT).
- Oversee funding to support Advanced Academics through University Interscholastic League (UIL) Academic and Co-curricular events.
- Support and guide curriculum and course offerings associated with the Arlington Collegiate High School (ACHS).
- Assist with the development of instructional and operations manual associated with the ACHS.
- Provide and fund after school academic and social programs for students in elementary and Jr. high grades.
- Provide credit recovery resources for students in the process of recuperating high school course/graduation credits.
Executive Director | Transformational Learning | Arlington ISD
- Dallas TX