Civil Engineer with bachelors degree in administration and 2 years apprenticeship with family business of civil contracting and five years experience in individually managing civil engineering buildings & infrastructure projects. Inheriting family civil contracting business laid additional responsibility of managing the commercial & legal aspect of the business company
Sep 2004 - Present
Proprietor & CEO
Supreme Engineers (P) Ltd.
Proprietor & Chief Executive.
Family business was established by my father in 1990. I apprenticed under him for 2 years. After his demise, six years ago, I have managed the technical as well as the commercial & business aspects by myself. The turnover in 2008-2009 was Cad $ 300000. The company takes diverse civil construction projects. A summary of the projects follows.
Installation of Aluminum Sheet Roofing for Railway Workshop. 2010
- Cost: Cad $ 100000.
- Contract Period: 5 Months.
- Scope of Work: Installation of Aluminium roof & valley gutter over 5000 Sq. Meters at a height of 6.5 Meters.
- Design: 0.71mm thick Aluminium Industrial troughed sheet, weighing 2.5kgs per sq.m fixed with Aluminium alloy 8mm hook bolts & 25mm x 6mm mild steel flats as wind ties.
- Impact: Shelter provided for equipment worth CAD $6 million and 150 Railway workers working in the shed.
Structural Repairs to Pump House of Naval Dry dock. 2009
- Cost: Cad $ 65000.
- Contract Period: 4 Months.
- Scope of work: Structural Strengthening by Fiber wrapping technology and Fiber strips. La.ying Micro-concrete and conducting Non-destructive tests on concrete and steel.
- Design: Non destructive Schmidt Rebound Hammer test. Carbonation depth test using phenolphthalein with ethanol spray. Ultrasonic test. Corrosion activity test
- Impact: Repairs resulting in the increased efficiency of dry dock pump house.
Major Repairs & Renovation Residential Apartments Railway Officers colony. 2008-2009
- Cost: Cad $ 200000.
- Contract Period: 10 Months.
- Scope of Work: Repairs and renovation of 10 Railway buildings G+3 with a total quantity of 9000 sq.m.
- Design: Heavy Repairs with 250 bhp pressure compressor containing cement mortar of the ratio 1:3, 25mm thick plastering(1:3), painting and polymer treatment to the structural members.
- Impact- Restored Structural Stability to 125 homes.
Provision of MS steel tile flooring and roofing replacement in Railway workshop. 2007-2008
- Cost: Cad $200000.
- Contract Period: 10 months
- Scope of work: 1400m2 of MS Steel tiles flooring and 6000m2 of roofing with AC sheets.
- Design: MS Perforated Top & Anti-skid tiles of 250x250x25 mm(12Gauge H.R. Steel) having a base of M-20 concrete, roofing with AC sheets and replacement of 5mm thick wire glass.
- Impact: Flooring able to withstand impacts of > 100 Kgs/cm2.
Major Repairs to Railway Work Shed. 2006-2007
- Cost: Cad $ 240000.
- Contract Period: 12 Months.
- Type of Work: 10000 sq.m of AC sheet roofing, 132MT of fabricating Steel Sections.
- Design: Strengthening of steel structures conforming to IS 816 & IS 800.
- Impact: Safety of Structural steel members.
Construction of a Railway Platform, Booking Office and development of circulating area. 2004-2005.
- Cost: Cad $ 500000.
- Contract Period: 24 Months.
- Type of Work: Construction of 1600 sq.m of Booking office G+1, 200 MT M. Steel for Cover over platform and development/landscaping of circulating area.
- Design: Angular Footing marking/survey, Mix design of M-30 concrete, 200MT Structural steel fabrication for Railway platform, 60mm thick M-50 concrete paver blocks covering 1500sq.m.
- Cost: Cad $ 100000.
SPECIALIZED TRAINING IN REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE OF CONCRETE STRUCTURES
2008 - 2010
Bachelors of Business Administration
Apr 2009 - Jul 2009
2000 - 2004
Diploma in Civil Engineering
4 YEAR FULL TIME DIPLOMA IN CIVIL ENGINEERING WITH 1 YEAR OF IN PLANT TRAINING