May 2009 - Present
Sep 2008 - Apr 2009
Chief Operating Officer
Responsibilities included sales, technology development, print operations, finance, legal & administration and operations for advertising development company since inception in 2005.
- Expanded company profile by developing international strategic alliances in Asia, Europe and Africa.
- Established and monitored pricing structures to ensure profitable growth
- Solidified future growth by negotiating multi-year contracts with significant companies such as General Motors, International Speedway Corporation (NASCAR) and Walt Disney.
- Protected strategic assets of the corporation and achieved 100% retention of key staff through planning / implementing 35% reduction in workforce due to economic conditions.
Sep 2005 - Sep 2008
Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
Responsible for generating and executing the strategic business plan and managing the external audits / financial reporting to stakeholders under United States GAAP.
- Funded company start by raising more than $40M from private and institutional investors.
- Maximized management’s ability to proactively manage the business by achieving a 3 business day hard close each month.
- Negotiated and managed multiple business combination arrangements
- Aligned organizational goals by developing / establishing annual strategic plans and reporting processes.
- Met Sarbanes Oxley requirements by developing and implementing effective work processes and systems to prepare for an acuisition by a public entity.
ABOUT MICRO TARGET MEDIA
Micro Target Media is an innovations company. Our founders share the belief that by continuously leveraging our intellectual capital and advanced technologies we can provide value-added solutions for our clients while building enterprise value for our shareholders.The MTM Measurement Group’s technology-enabled audience measurement and electronic data capture solutions are game-changers for marketers, advertisers, agencies & venues operating in the event marketing, experiential marketing, trade show, expositions and Out-of-Home advertising markets. Focused on the rapidly expanding alternative media market, the MTM Advertising Group brings advertisers and audiences together in unique marketing settings to deliver messages to target audience groups using our proprietary Out-of-Home advertising structures. The MTM Print Services Group provides solutions in all print media. Our global sourcing & production network competitively positions us to offer pricing that is truly unique in the marketplace. Our design, fixture & installation teams provide turnkey services as required by our clients.
Jan 2000 - Sep 2005
Vice President, Corporate Controller
Responsibilities included international financial and operational systems, as well as investor reporting. Duties included supervising all global subsidiary entity financial leaders, leading due diligence for five acquisitions ranging in size from $30 million to Euro 130 million, managing conversion to a new ERP system and integrating financial reporting systems.
- Supported lender syndication efforts to fund transactions.
- Facilitated success of transaction by realizing planned synergies and establishing rapid integration procedures for allacquisitions, including conversion to corporate ERP systems.
- Achieved a purchase price refund from Siemens in excess of Euro 3M through relocating to Germany, assuming Managing Director role and managing integration / post transaction separation of operations from Siemens.
- Negotiated with German worker counsels and government authorities on behalf of subsidiaries.
- Achieved benefits of collaboration without travel or staff expenses by spearheading on-line engineering collaboration tools use.
- Structured and established corporate entities domestically and internationally with efficient working capital funding and tax structures.
- Set the stage for operations in China, Japan and Korea by establishing first entity for penetration into China and hiring first employees in Shanghai.
- Grew Hilite to a $450 million operation in four countries by effectively leading the negotiation, diligence and financing of five acquisitions.
- Achieved a 3-business day hard close each month through the use of pro-active team management and lean systems.
- Harmonized organizational objectives by establishing an annual strategic planning and reporting process.
ABOUT HILITE INTERNATIONAL INC.
Hilite is a global, innovative, engineering focused supplier of series production automotive components. Hilite's focus is on components and systems for automotive powertrain and engine applications.
With its hydraulic and electromagnetic products, Hilite is focused on improving fuel efficiency, increasing torque, reducing emissions and overall driving comfort.
Hilite is also a leader in Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) products for the heavy duty diesel engine market. With these products, Hilite provides solutions for Euro IV and Euro V as well as US and Japanese emissions requirements.
1996 - 1998
Vice President & Corporate Controller
Responsibilities during acquisition / transition included managing global systems implementation to adopt a single ERP system and managing financial reporting systems in compliance with Unites States GAAP and British Accounting Standards for operations in the United States, Germany, England, Canada, Italy and Sweden.
- Recruited by company to assist with a multi-national acquisition.
- Saved in excess of $2M annually and allowed more relevant business decisions to be made by implementing new financial reporting and operating systems.
- Realized an excess of $5 million in implemented synergies in the first 30 days of closing a significant acquisition by leading the integration process planning and plan execution.
- Established bridge financing by supporting bank syndication efforts.
- Maximized management’s ability to proactively manage the business by achieving a 3-business day hard close each month.
- Refinanced debt by leading secondary offering of shares on the New York Stock Exchange in 2007.
ABOUT GKN SINTER METALS
GKN Sinter Metals, a wholly owned subsidiary of GKN plc, is the world's leading producer of precision powder metal components. With over 7,000 employees in 30 locations on five continents, our global presence links customers with the latest advancements in powder metal technology.
1989 - 1996
Responsibilities included the planning and performance of financial and operational audits for global financial clients. Duties included multi-national entities, publicly traded entities and computer systems auditing, as well as providing effective consulting services to conglomerate clients. Worked extensively on assignments to help clients plan and execute acquisitions and ensure post-closing purchase price adjustments were proper.