Finance and Business Administration Executive
- Ascending career in large multinational companies with 25 years experience in the controlling and finance function.
- Responsible for prospecting new businesses and opportunities for the Business.
- Professional experience acquired in companies such as Mauser do Brasil, Lab. Wyeth-Whitehall, Rassini NHK, Ericsson do Brasil, Gradiente among others, leading and managing cost, rolling forecast, budget, accounts payable and receivable, cash management and accounting divisions, currently filling the position of Chief Financial Officer at Mauser do Brasil, industrial packaging Company with € 120 million/year turnover, leading a team of 25 people, after strong restructuring program.
- In charge of the Finance Department providing financial/administrative/legal/IT/HR support to the whole local business, reporting directly to the CEO Brazil and to Finance Board of Directors at Head Quarters, Germany.
- Strong leadership and performer in restructuring programs.
- Solid relationship with all the strategic areas of the company.
- Change agent within the process of organizational change.
Jun 2009 - Present
Jun 2007 - Jun 2009
Administrative & Finance Vice President
Mauser do Brasil Embalagens Industriais S
German multinational company with approximate Sales of € 1,5 billion. Operating in Brazil, since 2006, with more thane € 100 million invoicing, acquiring the packaging business from Metalúrgica Barra do Pirai. Owns 4 plant units; Responsible for the Finance, HR, Legal, Controllership, Accounting, Fiscal, Costs and IT areas, with a team of 32 people. Report to local CEO and Corporate CFO in the headquarter (Germany). Led initiative to reduce the working capital, collaborating for the more efficient implementation of production planning, as well as for intense negotiation of reduction in the receivables and payables terms. Working capital reduced from 19% to 13% and inventories reduced from R$ 30 million to R$ 18 million. Conducted audit of fraud, together with international audit in the HR area that identified gaps in procedures and processes. Corrective measures were implemented with the consequent more transparent and reliable information. Promoted complete review of the accounting system, adjusting all the accounting and local accounting for conversion into IFRS, minimizing risks for the shareholder. Established and led complete review of the costing system, production routes, products structure and costs centers. As a result, the costing system started presenting reliable results and closer to reality, bringing transparence and assertiveness to the strategic decisions of products performance as well as more accuracy in the cost accounting system. Led strong organizational restructuring process together with complete review of routines and processes, adjusting the headcount in the financial, HR and IT areas, from 60 to 32 people, generating savings of R$ 1 million/year. Managed the restructuring process of the Operational-Productive and Commercial areas, discussing reorganization, review of processes, controls and results with the executives and CEO. There was a global reduction of headcount from 1.160 employees to 750, with savings of about R$ 10MM
Aug 2000 - Jun 2007
Head of Finance Support to Supply Chain
Laboratórios Wyeth-Whitehall Ltda
Sales of approximately US$ 22 billion. Strong performance in Brazil with invoicing of about US$ 300 millions. Administrative-Financial Head of Support to Supply Chain Operations Responsible for the administrative-financial support to Supply Chain activities, including costs, tax and investments areas. Report to the local Corporate Financial Director of the Headquarter (USA), leading a 13 people team. Led and implemented control and SOX process systems in several cycles, bringing more credibility to the processes and internal controls and complying with the demand of the Corporate Internal Audit. Developed and implemented new model of indirect costs allocation based on the installed capacity. This new model has brought more understanding of the product cost composition, further to bring them close to the reality. This model was approved by the headquarter in USA and was also rolled-out to other subsidiaries around the world. Led development and implementation team of standard costing system in 6 months for which I was warded the "Star Performance Award" as highlight of 2003. Performed in a determinant manner to create more synergy between the Financial and Supply Chain areas which were affected by a great relationship waste, minimizing personal conflicts among the area´s heads. Organized multifunctional team for the implementation of cycle counting of inventories, eliminating annual general counting and reducing the plant stoppage and overtime (reduction of at least 300 overtime). Led team for the mission, vision and company values dissemination, through seminars, covering all the employees in leadership positions, which resulted in a sensitive behavior change. We started retaining and hiring talents based on this vision of values.