Exopack, LLC ( formerly Cello-Foil Products )
A 200-employee manufacturer of flexible packaging. Responsible to the Plant Manager for insuring production requirements were met while plant operated in a safe environment. Supervised up to 50 employees on 3 different shifts. Served as member of 5S Team and Product Safety Committee.
- Interacted daily with employees in multiple departments on performance issues. Insured safety and plant policies were followed.
- Interacted daily with customer service and scheduling. Provided recommendations to insure the customer received product on time.
- Decision maker on quality issues.
- Used Lean Manufacturing to maintain production goals set at 85% efficiency; 85% utilization; 10% waste; and 15% downtime. Reduced scrap to 9% from 11% and lowered rework 15%.
- Participated in daily production meetings. Scheduling of equipment and manning requirements.
- Wrote, maintained and administered ISO approved Standard Operating Procedures.
- Interviewed applicants during hiring process and conducted new hire orientations.
- Ensured accuracy of computer transactions using AS400 - PMRS computer system.
- Leader of teams implementing continuous improvement plans. Coordinated and led crew meetings, accumulated and analyzed data. Composed graphs pertaining to production.