A Budget and Grants specialist with five years experience in non-profit/ not-for-profit accounting with a reputation for timely and accurate reporting who specializes in finding and creating efficient cost saving methods.
Nov 2008 - Aug 2009
During my tenure with Keithley I implemented a new closing schedule with reasonable deadlines to ensure the timely reporting and distribution of Financial Statements.
- Instrumental in facilitating monthly and quarterly closing process to create and prepare timely financial statements and ad hoc reports for senior/ executive level management.
- Influential in ensuring all deadlines were met in a timely manner for SEC reporting with colleagues and senior level management.
- Expedited monthly budget variance analysis with explanations to ensure accurate reporting for all departments and proper allocation of prepaid expenses.
- Liased with various departments to provide excellent customer support in preparation of annual budgets to ensure accurate and timely forecasts for the upcoming fiscal.
- Maintained Oracle financial modules, and operated as point person for all Oracle troubleshooting and testing.
Apr 2007 - Oct 2008
Streamlined the reporting and recording of expenses for the company credit card purchases by reducing the amount of entries needed on a monthly basis.Also, developed a cohesive process by working with Accounts Payables to minimize the amount of time from two days to one hour for the balancing of inter-company accounts which resulted in company savings of $11,000 annually.
- Provided budget variance analysis in preparation for board package on a monthly and quarterly basis while working directly with Accounting Manager.
- Perform monthly reconciliation for Balance sheet accounts.
- Prepared monthly reconciliation and amortization schedules for Prepaid expenses, balance sheet accounts, and various tax expense accounts.
- Revamped the balancing of all inter-company transactions to ensure proper financial reporting for each company segments.
- Liased with facilities management to negotiate terms for upcoming store leases and to ensure proper payment of all rental expenses.
2006 - 2007
Account Analyst (Grants Management)
While working for University Hospitals I took the initiative to develop and implement a modern and more efficient reconciliation process.Creating an excel template that was user friendly allowed the department to move from a DOS based system for the tracking of revenues and expenditures on various grants and accounts.By doing this, the entire department was able to increase productivity from a five-hour reconciliation process to 15 minutes.
- Successfully completed monthly reconciliation for 220 grants to ensure balancing to financial reports and University account records.
- Prepared timely and accurate Ad-hoc reports on a monthly basis to prepare management for net/ revenue cycle meetings.
- Prepare invoicing for all granting agencies on an interim or final basis.
- Review, approve, and project various expenditures on assigned Pediatric UH and CWRU grants and special purpose funds before submission to CWRU and UH Accounting.
- Directed workflow, supervised, trained analyst staff performing monthly reconciliation of assigned grants.
2001 - 2005
Budget Management Analyst
City of Cleveland
Implemented a new receivables process to ensure the prompt payment of invoices, which facilitated collection of revenues on overdue accounts totaling $75,000.This new process also ensured the increase of monthly revenues in excess of $25,000 annually.
- Worked as liaison with City of Cleveland Chief of Police and Director of Public Safety to prepare the annual budget, and monthly ad hoc reporting to verify adherence to budgetary guidelines and fiscal policy.
- Monitored various fund accounts to ensure monies were allocated and spent as contracted with each granting agency.
- Operated as primary grants administrator to gather and collect all necessary information to prepare monthly fiscal reports for the Cuyahoga County of Ohio granting agency.
- Analyzed monthly payroll roster to prepare Ad-hoc reports to Hopkins Airport for reimbursement of Police officer time used to facilitate Homeland Security measures at that time.