Medical Technologist - Microbiology & Endocrinology Section
Collect and Prepare specimens and perform laboratory procedures used in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
Verify, record and report lab results on all performed tests.
Ensure compliance with government requirements, hospital policies and laboratory procedures including maintaining the cleanliness of lab equipment, instruments and work area.
Executed and analyzed tests in microbiology
Performing the daily work of the bacteriology unit:
- Reading the Inoculated plates, determine pathogenic from non pathogenic bacteria
- Performing the Biochemical/Sensitivity tests for full identification of bacteria (manually & automated method using Vitek / Sensititer machine)
- Preparing all different types of media .
- Performing / Preparing stains (Gram, Z-N, Albert, Kinyoun)
- Performing / Preparing (KOHm India Ink, Fungal stain)
- Performing blood Culture using both conventional method and automated system like Bactec / Versa Treck
- Performing Fungal cultures
- Consistently commended for the timely, high-quality completion of both routine and special laboratory assays of patient specimens
- Ensured test result validity before recording / reporting result, earning a reputation for meticulous attention to details
- Demonstrate ability to communicate test results effectively with physicians, pathologists & nursing staff as a member of a team focused on providing exemplary quality of care.
- Operate, calibrate and assortment of laboratory / testing equipment and performed various chemical , microscopic and bacteriologic test
- Performed stat and routine testing on a variety of specimens quickly and accurately
- Maintain lab equipment troubleshot/resolved instrument problems