Senior Director, Internal Operations (promoted from Manager, Senior Manager of Corporate Services & Director, Internal Operations)
Rakuten Marketing, New York, NY
- Manage fourteen offices accommodating approximately 900 employees and owner of an $11 million dollar budget.
- Create and uphold company-wide policies.
- Recruit, hire, train, manage and evaluate a Facilities, Administration and Office Management team of twenty employees globally.
- Foster the relationship between the executives and their assistants, ensuring executives receive superior support and assistants have a work-life balance.
- Build and enforce best practices among the executive assistant team to ensure consistencies in support.
- Change management involving company acquisitions, new policies, office moves and conversion to an agile seating environment.
- Present and communicate on all levels at company-wide meetings and executive committee meetings.
- Sell concepts to leaders, ensure follow through and regularly check in to make adjustments if needed.
- Collaborate with team members at our parent and sister companies to ensure Rakuten standards and policies are met across the board.
- Initiate employee recognition and team-building by organizing charity events, clubs and activities to promote happiness in the workplace.
- Monitor all incoming service requests via Jira & email to ensure outstanding customer service for both employees and visitors.
- Negotiate with various vendors including HVAC, electricians, contractors, designers, pest control, caterers & real estate brokers.
- Administrator of the company WebEx account, business card ordering website, ID badge printing and Cisco Telepresence Smart Scheduler.
- Send company-wide correspondence regarding anything from internal account information to office closings.
- Integrate acquired companies to become accustomed to and comply with company standards and policies as well as our general company culture.
- Conduct training for both new hires and current employees by creating and recording lessons in Docebo.
- Organize annual CPR training, purchasing of emergency supplies and monthly maintenance of all office defibrillators.
- Facilitate semi-monthly company-wide meetings.