Mark Beasley is a seasoned online marketer and interactive project leader. He has 14 years of experience in online marketing, e-commerce, web site design, SEO/SEM, information architecture, direct email marketing, brand identity, social marketing, product development, project planning and inside account growth. • 14 years experience in e-commerce, web site design and interactive marketing services. • Successful accomplishments guiding clients with site design, brand strategy, email promotion, e-commerce, landing sites, SEO and interactive demos. • Experience generating reports and planning with data from Coremetrics, Google Urchin and Google Analytics. • Clients include AT&T, Home Depot, Verizon Wireless, Bank of America, Fannie Mae, Best Buy, Publix Supermarkets, Coca-Cola, and Merial.
Sep 2009 - Present
Online Marketing and Advertising Consultant
Services include email campaigns, web design, blog development, SEO, social marketing, sales collateral, and project management.
May 2008 - Sep 2009
• To create a competitive advantage for Fantasy Football application, delivered new interactive menu system for AT&T’s U-verse IPTV service. Enabled U-verse users to see their matchups, team standings, and related sports news from their U-verse set top boxes. • Delivered new “Aspen” features for the AT&T/My Yahoo! Portal, allowing ATT/Yahoo! portal visitors to add free content subscriptions to their AT&T mobile phones, including news, sports, finance, entertainment and other categories. For examples please see my web site: http://markdbeasley.com/?page_id=26
Apr 2006 - Sep 2009
HobbyMatic.com is a website designed to help improve peoples’ lives by getting them to pursue their passions. The site features introductory content, forums and blogs on a multitude of hobbies – everything from artistic hobbies to team sports, outdoor pastimes, intellectual pursuits and volunteer opportunities. It’s more than a repository of content – it features a unique hobby finding application (called The HobbyMatic) that makes it easy to find something fun and interesting to do with your free time. http://www.hobbymatic.com
Jul 2006 - May 2008
• Delivered major enhancements to SiteBuilder, an application for creating web sites. • Led development of new premium ecommerce platform. • Developed new Real Time Ordering ecommerce fulfillment system, resulting in hundreds of thousands of dollars in annual savings for the company.
Mar 2005 - Jun 2006
• Directed ecommerce strategy consultation, defined marketing and technical business requirements, and writing Statements of Work for primary client, The Home Depot. • Conducted primary and secondary research to optimize ecommerce strategies. • Evaluated client commerce initiatives and identified opportunities for greater business success. For screen shots please see my Web site: http://markdbeasley.com/?page_id=26
2003 - 2004
• Designed Verizon Wireless Kiosks used in Best Buy, Circuit City, Radio Shack, and Verizon Wireless stores across the U.S. Kiosks provided wireless shoppers with product and service plan overviews, special offers, 3-D handset demos and special features for handsets. • Managed a Verizon Roving Kiosk program which promoted the latest wireless offerings such as video and picture messaging, video games and instant messaging at sports events, universities, music concerts and special events. • Designed and implemented in-store Digital Signage Pilot Programs for Verizon and Office Depot. • Directed strategic consultation and tactical planning for SEO, online advertising, ecommerce, in-store digital merchandising, email campaigns, and product marketing. • Clients included Verizon Wireless, The Saks Group, UPS, NetBank, Cryovac and Delta Machinery. • Total account billings in excess of $2.5 MM. For examples please see my Web site: http://www.markdbeasley.com
Jul 2002 - Jan 2004
Macquarium, Atlanta, GA Contract Project Manager • Led a multi-faceted team to build internal employee portals for Merial Pharmaceuticals Human Resources, Corporate Finance, and Global IT divisions. Yahoo!, Atlanta, GA Contract Project Manager • Represented Yahoo! for e-commerce initiatives at Best Buy subsidiaries Sam Goody Records, Media Play, and Suncoast Video. For examples please see my Web site: http://www.markdbeasley.com
Aug 2001 - Aug 2002
Vice President, Client Services
Miller Zell, Inc.
• Developed new business and managed technology-focused merchandizing projects with Circuit City, Fleet Boston Financial, KFC, and the Atlanta Botanical Garden. • Total group billings in excess of $5MM. Staff of 5 included designers and programmers. • Managed client relationships, account planning, project execution, development, and P&L. For examples please see my Web site: http://www.markdbeasley.com
Aug 1999 - Aug 2001
• Created strategic recommendations for technical, creative, and marketing initiatives. • Led online marketing and web site strategy initiatives for clients that included Publix Super Markets, Celebrity Cruises, and Acsys Professional Staffing. • Annual project revenues in excess of $5MM. For examples please see my Web site: http://www.markdbeasley.com
Jan 1996 - Aug 1999
Interactive Planet, Inc.
Managed strategic planning and tactical implementation of e-commerce projects and interactive marketing campaigns for Bank of America, Fannie Mae, Coca-Cola, BellSouth, ExecuTrain, and the U.S. Marine Corps. For examples please see my Web site: http://www.markdbeasley.com