Continuous Improvement Engineer
Emerson Process Management
Six Sigma Implementation and Training
Acted as change agent integrating continuous improvement initiative and culture by training all levels of employees in various six sigma and integrated lean manufacturing strategies, techniques, and tools, with an emphasis on project and team management at a severe service metal seated ball valve manufacturer.
- Created and trained technicians on SOP's and safety prevention that led to a 25% decrease in recordable injuries and increased output by ensuring standard work practices.
- Educated and trained employees on the purpose and benefits of integrating continuous improvement alongside a results driven incentive program ensuring buy-in across all levels, decreasing resistance to change, and resolving conflict.
- Defined KPIV's eliminating N.V.A. processes across multiple departments, which led to a 5% increase in FPY, reduction of scrap and re-work, increased throughput by over 85%, and improved overall product quality.
Applied lean manufacturing tools optimizing warehouse layout and organization.
- Through the application of 6S, visual workplace, SMED, and process mapping, multiple departments experienced a significant decrease in cycle times, wasted movement, and down- time, yielding higher machine utilization and throughput.
- Measurement System and OEE analysis led to procurement of over 1 million USD in new machinery and QA tools.
- Conducted failure modes and analysis (FMEA) that provided contingency plans for any potential problems across departments.
Statistical Analysis and Design
Defined, measured, and controlled consumables, automated processes, designed and modified tooling, and restructured workstations to optimize ergonomics and efficiency.
- Established baseline data and "norms" that led to annual savings of more than $100,000 in wasted diamond lapping paste during first year of employment.
- Assessed, composed, and implemented CAR's for root cause analysis converting numerous warranties to repairs.
Created data collection and statistical analysis database that enabled production to monitor processes and prevent or catch defects, thus reducing hidden factory costs.