New media and technology | Social studies: Pop culture, urbanism and cosmopolitanism | Fitness: Spinning, cross-training and yoga | Adventure sports: Trekking, cross-country running, dragon-boat racing and mountain biking
An e-motion creative and n-gagement lead, a pioneer in experiential marketing since 2000. An urban wonderer with a keen eye for smart in retail and the dynamics of cosmopolitanism intertwined with popular culture. I am no award winning marketer or a famous guy, though my humble accolades are huge victories in a vast array of successful work done for clients in both North and South America. Head first into Experiential Marketing, I've shifted strategic direction to encompass the customer ways outside of the media intercept. I don't aim for awareness or impressions but thrive for relationships and meaningful connections. In the acknowledgment of brand engagement I ignite emotional trigers creating a controlled brand interface. As a result of 10 years of innovation, discovery and a lot of research, I structured my narrative to knock audiences out of their socks. A genuine non-traditional story teller that brings a very interesting insight from a very different mind frame. I really get it and turn the world around from time to time, to alter the common ways ...
May 2007 - Present
Brand engagement lead
Proposals, presentations and pitches | Development of strategic and activation plans | Led cross-functional teams | Brand and user experience design for mobile apps, social media and augmented reality | Clients: Bell Canada, Tim Hortons and Second Cup. MBNA and Benjamin Moore. Axe and Degree for Men. Serengeti Eyewear, MyDime.com and EcologyCar/CitiZen.
Dec 2005 - Feb 2007
Planned and reported market research analysis for key accounts | Responsible for brand planning and creative briefs | Design of performance metrics, tracking and analytics tools | Presented event marketing initiatives to inter-agency teams and clients | Earned lead agency role | Clients: Imperial Tobacco Canada, Peter Jackson, DuMaurier and Aeroplan.
Jul 2004 - Dec 2005
iN - PaCTa
Design and coordination of strategic plans | Brand marketing and activation | Implemented online marketing programs| E-mail marketing solutions | Created promo, activations | New-media for integrated response campaign | Clients: icandy media, Trailblazer-Tech, E-mail Mark, SEOing and Coors Light.
Jan 2002 - Apr 2004
Led projects, client relations and financial control | Business strategy | Created innovative customer experiences and brand activations | Used consumer insights and user focus groups | Clients: Smirnoff, Heineken, Honda Motors, Axe, FOX Channel, SunSilk, LG and Kool.
Jan 2001 - Jan 2002
Event Marketing Manager
Directed PR, channel and promotional events for Coca-Cola’s sponsorship of 2001 Americas Soccer Cup | Led inter-agency teams, cross-functional teams and client teams | Developed customer experiences generating brand engagement | Clients: Coca-Cola master brand.
Feb 1999 - Jan 2001
FX Event marketing
Managed events, portfolios and executive production | Ensured profitability, efficiency and client relations | Implemented interactive tactics | Produced brand experiences to enhance brand value | Clients: J&J Medical, Pfizer, Schering-Plough, Sony, SkyTV, Bell South, Samsung, Alcatel and Microsoft.
Jan 2001 - Dec 2001
This program will prepare you to work as a public relations practitioner in a corporate or not-for-profit environment. The courses will provide you with a broad foundation of PR and marketing-specific knowledge and skills with an emphasis on best practices, and current and emerging issues.
- Identify, analyze and influence organizational objectives, communications strategies and key interest groups
- Guide management on key business and policy decisions
- Develop public relations strategies that create awareness and favourable perception, and/or promote your products and services and set measurable objectives from which to evaluate their effectiveness
- Build collegial and cooperative relationships with a variety of public interest groups, internal and external clients, and the media
- Design and implement a media relations strategy expanding your visibility in the community
- Analyze consume buying patterns, employ marketing tools and research methodologies to determine environmental and competitive factors affecting products and services, and develop new products and/or services meriting consumer interest and increasing market share
- Master public relations communications writing template including: a well-tooled press kit, news releases, annual reports, newsletters, brochure content, and personality profiles
- Plan and direct the crisis and change management process
- Coordinate and prepare material for internal and external promotional publications, including planning articles, editing copy, supervising print preparation, distributing publications
- Gain an understanding of digital communication technologies, their impact in traditional approaches to public relations and marketing, and how to adapt print-based collaterals for this new medium
- Exercise sound financial decision-making and budgeting skills
1993 - 1999
The Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing and Advertising equips students with skills in studying consumer behavior and trends as well as the know how to reach a company's target audience and promote its services and products to clients. Students will gain experience in direct marketing, copywriting, developing effective publicity campaigns, and product promotion.
A Bachelor of Science program in Marketing and Advertising is a four-year program emphasizing the process of researching demographics, identifying trends, developing products to meet a need, and promoting essential services and/or products for profitability. A creative, dynamic personality, along with excellent communication and computer skills, will give students an edge in this highly competitive profession.
- Media Strategy
- Consumer Behavior
- Integrated Campaigns
- Writing Copy
- Brand Communication
- Principles of Sales
- Principles of Marketing
- Business Information Systems