Full Committee Staff Director (109th & 112th + Congress) and Republican Staff Director (110th & 111th Congress))
U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Rules
Serve as the chief committee and leadership staffer to Congressman David Dreier (R-CA) in his capacities as Chairman (109th Congress) or Ranking Republican Member (currently); represent him and the Committee in the Republican staff leadership group. Managed a staff of 12 in the Minority (24 in the Majority) with an annual budget in excess of $1 million ($2 million in the Majority). Advise Republican leadership and rank and file members on procedural matters, including "motions to recommit" and other amendment strategies for virtually all major legislation before the House.
- In Majority, envisioned and oversaw automation of paper-based process for amendment tracking and rule production, including 2 $250,000+ engagements of outside consultants to develop a custom database application.
- Led the Republican staff team in the development of the 109th Congress' ethics reform & earmark packages.
- In Minority, established and led "Parliamentary Boot Camp" seminars for Members and staff with monthly attendance of 75-100 staff and 6-8 Members.
- Advised Republican Leadership on drafting strategies for 23 winning motions to recommit.
- Consistently sought out by Leadership and rank-and-file Members for advice on floor strategies in real-time.
- Recognized as one of the newspaper Roll Call's 50 most powerful congressional staffers 16 times in a row.
- Profiled as one of 20 "New Power Players" in National Journal's November 13, 2010 issue.