Project Manager with broad experience in numerous labor efficiency studies, organizational management, and work-flow analysis. Interested in managing outside-the-box management initiatives (i.e. linking economic, social, and environmental factors to strategic goals).
Oct 2008 - Present
- Supporting the Program Support Center, Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) with program management tasks.
- Responsible for leading multi-channel contact center business requirements definition and implementation efforts for the DHHS Enterprise Access Management system.
- Analyzes business processes to determine opportunities for efficiency gains and/or service expansion.
- Developing Project Management Toolbox to standardize methodology and supporting documentation for all project implementations.
2005 - 2007
- Supported Federal Government Agency clients’ implementation of the Competitive Sourcing initiative of the President’s Management Agenda.
- Served on integrated client project teams to achieve superior results for project planning, data collection, documentation, process modeling, and business process reengineering tasks.
- Developed questionnaires and performed individual and group data collection interviews for numerous government personnel.
- Analyzed various types of data for relevant issues and made recommendations for the development of Most Efficient Organizations.
Oct 2002 - Apr 2005
- Directed the development of a data collection and documentation software tool to automate the production of performance work statements; conducted employee and client training sessions in software use.
- Team Lead on numerous Competitive Sourcing labor studies for various functional activities including facilities management, fire and emergency response services, help desk operations, billing operations, telecommunications services, and data center operations.
- Authored Performance Work Statements documenting an activity’s functional requirements, standards of performance, and workload levels.
- Developed the Sustainability Services business unit of WAI including methodology, analytical tools & processes, and marketing materials.
Jan 1998 - Jan 2002
Cryptologic Technician (Administrative)
- Instructed senior officers on technical requirements for over 350 successful presentations to the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
- Developed security procedures and guidelines to ensure proper handling and safeguarding of classified information.
- Maintained a historical records database application and local area network website.
- Awarded both the Joint Service Commendation Medal and Joint Service Achievement Medal for superior performance, technical ability, and initiative.
2001 - 2003
Mar 1998 - May 1998
Cryptologic Technician "A" School
United States Navy
Graduated top of class