IT Management Consultant
Louisiana Department Of Revenue
Project Management - Provide technical expertise on IT projects relevant to major LDR systems functions involving the structure, use, and integration of technology in support of multiple program areas.
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Responsible for the implementation of MOSS 2007 replacing the company's Intranet. Deployed a Graphic Workflow Request system for users to submit forms for approvals and a work queue for the Graphic Designers. Created a customized dashboard with a gant chart view of color coded status of Information Technology projects. Initiated site owner training and provide user testing support. Produced documentation, roles and responsibilities, global site navigation, and search strategy.
- Mobile Tax Collection: Replaced Cisco Web VPN with Citrix Technology by installing two Citrix Access Gateways and four Citrix Presentation Servers. Tax Officers are now able to securely access taxpayer information remotely in the field as if they were working at their desktops.
- Legal Case Tracking: Implemented a SmeadSoft Paper Recordkeeping (SPR) database application to improve their ability to track and monitor 1000 legal case files annually.
- Revenue Processing Center Tax Return Tracking System: Extend the business intelligence capability of RPC by giving them actionable knowledge of where a document is physically located, as well as the workflow steps that have been accomplished.
- Windows SharePoint Services: Installed and administer WSS 3.0 as a pilot for the Information Technology Division. Improve team productivity by providing workspaces for teams to coordinate schedules, organize documents, and participate in discussions within the organization.
- Technology Portfolio Management - Manage the Technology Portfolio by prioritizing the most strategic technologies for the Innovations Team to investigate proactively. This involves evaluating, prioritizing and managing technology-related projects based the following factors: level of maturity, level of disruption, hype life cycle, and return of investment to the company
- Application Development- Managed software development projects in .NET, Microsoft Access, and Metastorm BPM using all methodologies as outlined in the software development life cycle. Served as the primary lead for a team of application developers by facilitating the gathering of requirements, defining functional specifications, and defining quality assurance testing verification.