- Strong background in project management and system implementation
- Self-Starter with excellent leadership and innovation skills
- Effective writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Significant hands on experience in network infrastructure design, network support, and desktop support
- Consistently looks for ways to improve service and customer satisfaction
- Hands on experience with each phase of the Project Management Life Cycle
Aug 2006 - Present
IT Management Consultant
Project Management - Provide technical expertise on IT projects relevant to major LDR systems functions involving the structure, use, and integration of technology in support of multiple program areas.
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Responsible for the implementation of MOSS 2007 replacing the company's Intranet. Deployed a Graphic Workflow Request system for users to submit forms for approvals and a work queue for the Graphic Designers. Created a customized dashboard with a gant chart view of color coded status of Information Technology projects. Initiated site owner training and provide user testing support. Produced documentation, roles and responsibilities, global site navigation, and search strategy.
- Mobile Tax Collection: Replaced Cisco Web VPN with Citrix Technology by installing two Citrix Access Gateways and four Citrix Presentation Servers. Tax Officers are now able to securely access taxpayer information remotely in the field as if they were working at their desktops.
- Legal Case Tracking: Implemented a SmeadSoft Paper Recordkeeping (SPR) database application to improve their ability to track and monitor 1000 legal case files annually.
- Revenue Processing Center Tax Return Tracking System: Extend the business intelligence capability of RPC by giving them actionable knowledge of where a document is physically located, as well as the workflow steps that have been accomplished.
- Windows SharePoint Services: Installed and administer WSS 3.0 as a pilot for the Information Technology Division. Improve team productivity by providing workspaces for teams to coordinate schedules, organize documents, and participate in discussions within the organization.
Technology Portfolio Management - Manage the Technology Portfolio by prioritizing the most strategic technologies for the Innovations Team to investigate proactively. This involves evaluating, prioritizing and managing technology-related projects based the following factors: level of maturity, level of disruption, hype life cycle, and return of investment to the company
Application Development- Managed software development projects in .NET, Microsoft Access, and Metastorm BPM using all methodologies as outlined in the software development life cycle. Served as the primary lead for a team of application developers by facilitating the gathering of requirements, defining functional specifications, and defining quality assurance testing verification.
Oct 2005 - Aug 2006
IT Tech Support Spec 2
- Designed an automated software script reducing deployment time and human errors.
- Responsible for testing and publishing desktop images on various Dell and IBM computers.
- Research and evaluate new hardware and software products. Make recommendation regarding feasibility of incorporating new technology into DOTD standards and compliance.
- Provide advanced level technical support for DOTD District technical support personnel located statewide by addressing complex questions and troubleshooting problems they are unable to resolve.
May 2000 - Aug 2005
Field Service Technician III
- Provided a cost-effective solution by providing network connectivity to remote computers from the central LAN by using Patton Ethernet Extenders over phone cabling. This eliminated the cost of installing additional network cabling.
- Develop a new business process by documenting steps on the migration of user's settings and data for desktop replacement. This process was used enterprise wide for Entergy Inc.
- Change Management Coordinator for the Information Technology Section by ensuring all change activities are reviewed, scheduled, and aligned with company policy to minimize change failures and customer impact.
- Develop standards and procedures by configuring and documenting all network changes and updating router documents, switch documents, fiber optic paths and types, and network infrastructure drawings.
- Responsible for Network Infrastructure Design and Support. Implemented network redundancy to the server farm and reliable Gigabit backbone with multiple primary and secondary network paths.
- Lead Ethernet Conversion project converting Token Ring Topology to Fast Ethernet. This was accomplished by redesigning the entire Network Infrastructure by replacing all network cabling and changing out Token Ring hubs to Nortel Baystack 450 switches.
- Backup Network Administrator by performing permissions, restoring data, and backing up tapes on Dell Poweredge® Servers. This includes Windows NT, Windows 2000, and Windows 2003 servers.
Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional and Windows® 2000
Dec 1999 - Present
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer NT 4.0
Microsoft Certified Professional ID: 1619958